TheChosen1 is offline Member

Question Why Can't I Create A Signature?

I had a sig here once before and now, it's gone and I don't have a setting for one. What seems to be the problem? HELP!!

I brought the question to this forum, assuming that this forum was run by AR's Tech Support/MOD.

bubbathegut is offline Member
    sigs were removed 3 or 4 days ago....

Romac is offline New Member
    so they allow gay-ass forum clogging avatars but no sig?!

GAY

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What one man can do, another can do."
    5'10" 34 years old - Currently cutting:
    June 1st - 198lbs approx 20%BF :: June 15 - 190lbs 16.7%BF :: July 1st?...stay tuned
    Goal: 7% BF by Aug 1st (170lbs total body weight based on 158lbs LBM)
    Update June 24th: remeasured BF% @15.6 and LBM is now 159.6lbs - if i adjust my goals to maintain 7% BF my weight goal would be 171.6lbs
    Last edited by Romac; 06-30-2004 at 08:36 AM.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i think because they were getting long and ridiculous, if a sig is what i think it is

qccat is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Romac

GAY
    you'll stay around for a hella long time talkin like that bro. sigs are gone, no biggie

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i think because they were getting long and ridiculous, if a sig is what i think it is
    they should have just limited them - can't be too ****ed (OMG!! they bleeped out the word "da.mn"!!! you can have an avitar of an ass with a pussy hanging down but you can't say "da.mn"!!!???) hard to limit the lines and characters, and turn html off so you can't post pics - i've belonged to many boards that cap sigs at 3 lines and a limited number of characters

i'd rather have all these dumb-ass avitars and animations removed and have short sigs back
    Last edited by Romac; 06-30-2004 at 06:06 AM.

people were writing novels in there and posting pics was dum, after you reply 2xs to a post your pic gets annoying, you know?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

GAY
    Avatars help seperate one member from the next... some of us are more right hemisphere than left - we need the visual cue And Avatars (for the most part) are not intrusive and require very little download time. But if you would like to complain enough about these "gay-ass forum clogging avatars" than perhaps you can be the one to revolt and get those removed too

Signatures were removed primarily to protect the members at AR. Other than the fact that some posts would could get cluttered by a bunch of long sigs - the info passed in some of the signatures could be misleading... especially to newbies. Its now a reserved privelage for some... make your way to a VET here and you can have a sig...

The descions made here are in everyone's best interest...

qccat is offline Associate Member
    they should have just limited them - can't be too ****ed (OMG!! they bleeped out the word "da.mn"!!! you can have an avitar of an ass with a pussy hanging down but you can't say "da.mn"!!!???) hard to limit the lines and characters, and turn html off so you can't post pics - i've belonged to many boards that cap sigs at 3 lines and a limited number of characters

i'd rather have all these dumb-ass avitars and animations removed and have short sigs back
    dude you act you are running this piece. Chill out homeboy

i dont think eliminating them is that big a deal, i come on here for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Avatars help seperate one member from the next... some of us are more right hemisphere than left - we need the visual cue And Avatars (for the most part) are not intrusive and require very little download time. But if you would like to complain enough about these "gay-ass forum clogging avatars" than perhaps you can be the one to revolt and get those removed too

Signatures were removed primarily to protect the members at AR. Other than the fact that some posts would could get cluttered by a bunch of long sigs - the info passed in some of the signatures could be misleading... especially to newbies. Its now a reserved privelage for some... make your way to a VET here and you can have a sig...

Cool thanks for the explanation.
    VET = sig
    that's a great system and will probably get rid of most or all of the crap sigs

see! all i asked for was an explanation and when i recieved one i understood and supported the mods' decision.

i'm not 'trying to run the place'...i'm just asking a question is all

btw what gives VET status? length of membership or amount of posts? of course i always like to hear 'length of membership' because that helps to unclog the board by not offering an incentive for people to be forum whores.

June 1st 2004 - 198lbs approx 20%BF :: June 15 - 190lbs 16.7%BF :: June 30th - 186lbs 14.6%BF
    Goal: 7% BF by Aug 1st 2004 (172lbs total body weight based on 160lbs LBM)
    Last edited by Romac; 07-01-2004 at 04:24 AM.

TheChosen1 is offline Member

Cool

Let me first explain that this post is in no way, shape, form, or fashion a flame towards the MODs/ADMIN here and/or the decisions made here. I originally posted this thread when I'd noticed my sig of nearly 2 years missing.

However, Romac made an interesting point. Most boards censor the length of sigs to ward off those who choose to post a whole novel, meaningless pics, or some long chat conversations as their personal signature.

But on the same note, Warrior makes a valid point too. However, and as pointed out by Romac, what converts a status from Member to VET? Length of time on AR? The activity level and/or amount of posts/threads created on AR? Possession of knowledge of the topics discussed on the board? The total amount of experience possessed from other boards, in addition to AR? Or acquired status from other boards (i.e., VET, Trusted Member, MOD, ADMIN, etc.)? Lastly, who determines the status on the board? I ask this simply because I've noticed such status being given to "newbies" and/or low active or non-active members on a few other boards while more active members remain just that, Members.

And it's true, the sigs are not THAT big a deal. But much like the AV, most sigs identifies the individual person from others. In the meantime & in between time, most of us who prefer to use sigs can, I guess, insert it manually into each posts.

TheChosen1
    SuperMOD@Anabolic -Support
    MOD@BodybuildingCentral

Last edited by TheChosen1; 06-30-2004 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    Let me first explain that this post is in no way, shape, form, or fashion a flame towards the MODs/ADMIN here and/or the decisions made here. I originally posted this thread when I'd noticed my sig of nearly 2 years missing.

However, Romac made an interesting point. Most boards censor the length of sigs to ward off those who choose to post a whole novel, meaningless pics, or some long chat conversations as their personal signature.

But on the same note, Warrior makes a valid point too. However, and as pointed out by Romac, what converts a status from Member to VET? Length of time on AR? The activity level and/or amount of posts/threads created on AR? Possession of knowledge of the topics discussed on the board? The total amount of experience possessed from other boards, in addition to AR? Or acquired status from other boards (i.e., VET, Trusted Member, MOD, ADMIN, etc.)? Lastly, who determines the status on the board? I ask this simply because I've noticed such status being given to "newbies" and/or low active or non-active members on a few other boards while more active members remain just that, Members.

And it's true, the sigs are not THAT big a deal. But much like the AV, most sigs identifies the individual person from others. In the meantime & in between time, most of us who prefer to use sigs can, I guess, insert it manually into each posts.

TheChosen1
    SuperMOD@Anabolic -Support
    MOD@BodybuildingCentral

I did some searching and it seems number of posts is what determines vet status. So start blazing a trail of super-useless posts. I hate to do that, but it's the system THEY have chosen. I will conform to it. I don't want to be accused of trying to run the place by suggesting anything different.

June 1st 2004 - 198lbs approx 20%BF :: June 15 - 190lbs 16.7%BF :: June 30th - 186lbs 14.6%BF

two sig workarounds:

paste your sig on the end of every post or
    make your avatar your sig or
    both

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I did some searching and it seems number of posts is what determines vet status. So start blazing a trail of super-useless posts. I hate to do that, but it's the system THEY have chosen. I will conform to it. I don't want to be accused of trying to run the place by suggesting anything different.
    Did a Mod or Admin give you that information? Number of posts mean very little... there are people on this board with much more posts then some of the Mods and VETs that have been on this board for years. Post number means nothing and going around and posting useless info and bumping threads will not put you in the que.

VETs are members who are regular, trusted contributers that display a good deal of knowledge in forum topics. They are highlighted by the board admin as a member with a solid reputation and good intentions.

And asking to be a VET will not make it happen...

Did a Mod or Admin give you that information? Number of posts mean very little... there are people on this board with much more posts then some of the Mods and VETs that have been on this board for years. Post number means nothing and going around and posting useless info and bumping threads will not put you in the que.

VETs are members who are regular, trusted contributers that display a good deal of knowledge in forum topics. They are highlighted by the board admin as a member with a solid reputation and good intentions.

And asking to be a VET will not make it happen...
    cool, thanks for the info
    i just saw someone in an old thread say there was another thread that had the numbers of posts and ranks listed, but i couldn't find that thread so i guess they were mistaken or thinking about a different forum

i hate it when boards reward people for being forum whores, and i'm glad to see this forum doesn't

Thread Information