Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Angry Nothing will stop my popups!!!

Fvck!! I've tried all the spy removal tools out there....still can't beat these SOB's!!

xlime.offeroptimzer.com
    ads.offeroptimzer.com
    web.tickle.com

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    what os you running?

XP Prof

follow this link and download the program:
    http://www.firase.com/NoAds/

I use it and it works perfect. Just download and follow the directions, but basically it puts a little icon on your taskbar, and everytime a window pops up, you just click the icon and select the window you want blocked, then click "add to targets"...you'll never se that pop up again. After a week or so you should have gotten most of them, and anytime a new one pops up, just block it and it's gone forever.

sp2 takes care of all my popups.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa Pump

I use it and it works perfect. Just download and follow the directions, but basically it puts a little icon on your taskbar, and everytime a window pops up, you just click the icon and select the window you want blocked, then click "add to targets"...you'll never se that pop up again. After a week or so you should have gotten most of them, and anytime a new one pops up, just block it and it's gone forever.
    that sh!t works, im using it now!

Thx bro...but I don't want another pop up blocker...I just want to get rid of these ones.

What you mean?

Through a cleaner and editing the registry...I don't want to add more software.

oh, ok..did you try "Ad aware" or "Spybot S&D"

oh, ok..did you try "Ad aware" or "Spybot S&D"
    They don't work.

fitter-happier is offline New Member
    click http://www.mozilla.org/products/fire...etup-0.9.3.exe and kiss those popups goodbye

much better than the typical googletoolbar/iexplorer combo. and the firefox browser is way faster and so much more efficient for web browsing. post or pm me if you have any q's.

keep in mind, popups and spyware are two different things. spyware removal tools such as adaware and spybot should cleanse your box of all spyware, but won't necessarily stop the popups. if you haven't already, i'd also recommend going to windowsupdate.microsoft.com and downloading any critical updates sans the servicepack-2. then i'd update your virus definitions with whatever anti-virus software you're running. and if you're running behind a router, i'd still be on the safe side and download and install a software firewall such as zonealarm. all these programs i have readily available. just pm me
    Last edited by fitter-happier; 09-13-2004 at 01:25 PM.

Mudman shot me back a PM...he said try the new Ad-Aware SE. Seemed to have worked...I guess my old Ad-Aware wasn't doing the trick.

Thx Mudder!

ah nice. i'd still be cautious when browsing with ie. but that's good to hear adaware worked for you. it's an awesome program.

im tellin ya just install service pack 2, its an update for xp. i have never had a pop up since

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    im tellin ya just install service pack 2, its an update for xp. i have never had a pop up since
    while i can't argue that it's worked out well for me, some computers may not be as fortunate.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    do a regedit and del all the spyware programs in there.

RedKnight is offline Junior Member
    Regedit will work if you know what you are doing in the registry. It is also the place to completely hose your system if you delete the wrong thing. Make sure you are familiar with the registry and its layout before you just go deleting things. Worse case scenario, which I do once a year anyway, is to just wipe and reload. It sucks and does take a little time, but you will be guaranteed to have a working system that is spyware/adware free.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I used Stopzilla, it looks cool and worked for me

Spyder Guest
    the new adaware special edition worked for me .... then it came back. im having the same prob MBH, with all those OFFEROPTIMIZER pop ups

CanthookitLs6 is offline Junior Member
    Hey man if you are still having issues with this shoot me a PM and ill help you out.

CanthookitLs6 is offline Junior Member
    EVERYONE DOWNLOAD THIS SCANNER AND REMOVE SPYWARE!
    Also guys this is the BEST free scanner, although you have to manually remove everything; it explains what to do step by step.

cjp85 is offline Member
    MBH, Im having the same problem as you. And the pop-ups arent coming from specific pages, they just pup up whenever I first start IE and every 10-15 page loads. I think that it is something thats actually in the computer like some kind of plug-in or something because my homepage is Google and Google has never had cheap pop-up ads and they pop up whenever I first open IE. What the fu<k is it with all these pop-up ad companies, do they think that anyone actually wants to click on their stupid $hit? Its pretty fu<ked how they get into your computer and controll it without giving you the option to remove it. It should be illegal.

not2bigyet is offline Member
    I use Mozilla Firefox...best browser out there

BTW Internet Explorer SUKS!

Quote Originally Posted by cjp85
    MBH, Im having the same problem as you. And the pop-ups arent coming from specific pages, they just pup up whenever I first start IE and every 10-15 page loads. I think that it is something thats actually in the computer like some kind of plug-in or something because my homepage is Google and Google has never had cheap pop-up ads and they pop up whenever I first open IE. What the fu<k is it with all these pop-up ad companies, do they think that anyone actually wants to click on their stupid $hit? Its pretty fu<ked how they get into your computer and controll it without giving you the option to remove it. It should be illegal.
    Ad-Aware SE solved all my problems.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member

spysweeper

I use about 5 of them. But spysweeper is one of the best ones I have found so far. You can find a freebie if you go to downloads.com, and do a search. It works wonderfully, it has gotten most of the spywares that spybot and adware miss. I do run adware and spybot and cwshreader and aboutbuster, and hijack this alot, but by far up till today, spysweeper is one of the best ones I have found. Good luck!

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not2bigyet
    I use Mozilla Firefox...best browser out there

BTW Internet Explorer SUKS!
    My sentiments exactly. Firefox is vastly superior to Internet Explorer. The only thing IE has going for it is that it renders pretty much any webpage...no matter how MeSsy the HTML is. Not surprising since it was IE and MS that introduced MeSsy HTML into the world in the first place...f-ing bastards.

P.S. I have never had a single popup using Mozilla Firefox (I use the Linux version though).

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Follow these 4 easy steps -

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    anti-virus software (norton or whatever)
    Ad-Ware
    SP2

In that order! lol

Peace,

CC

Thread Information