rob35145 is offline Junior Member

Anyone know Dreamweaver?

I'm having problems uploading my web site to my host server. I keep getting this message: "An FTP error occurred - cannot make connection to host. The server ftp.domainname.com is not responding. Please check connection information."

I can ping (just learned that word), my information is correct, password, etc.

Someone said firewall might be it. How do I check that out? Anyone have any ideas? I'm stuck and could use some help.

Thanks a lot!

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rob35145
    I'm having problems uploading my web site to my host server. I keep getting this message: "An FTP error occurred - cannot make connection to host. The server ftp.domainname.com is not responding. Please check connection information."

Someone said firewall might be it. How do I check that out? Anyone have any ideas? I'm stuck and could use some help.

Thanks a lot!
    I had this problem about a year ago, but I cant remember what it was, let me think on it......Sorry

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rob35145

Thanks a lot!
    Go to www.sitepoint.com They have a message board and i know for fact somebody there can help you. I use dreamweaver everyday, but i have never had that problem.

mass junkie is offline banned
    It has nothing to do with dreamweaver

what ftp program are you using?

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    It has nothing to do with dreamweaver

what ftp program are you using?
    EXACTLY! LOL!

How about you just type in ftp://yoursite.com and do it that way?

OR

download a copy of smart ftp.

Alot of people use the "publish" tools within dreamweaver and frontpage, they are a load of bull. just make ure site then use one of the above to upload it.

chances is offline Associate Member
    You probably need to turn on passive or PASV mode. Try that and see if it fixes the problem.

chance

rob35145 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, I tried the passive and non-passive and it didn’t work.

I downloaded ws_ftp and am going to do it that way. Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it.

Thread Information