Sage is offline Anabolic Member

Getting to ur computer's BIAS

bros,

so from my previous therads i still have this problem with unfunctional partitions which i am trying to get rid of..

I have Windows XP, how do i get into the BIAS there...Right in the boot up process before partition appear i press

F5 and/or F8 - does not get me into bias just type of mode i want my comp to run
    Dlete still does not do sh*t

upon the bootup i c nothing that says how to get into BIAS, just press F8 which is not it.

i'm tryn to make the comp boot from a CD not hard drive

KeyMastur is offline VET
    your computer is not biased.....

but, to get into your PC's BIOS - when it's starting up, scanning the memory, drives, etc, hit the Del key, sometimes F1 - it should say on the screen

F4 / 5 / 8 are just OS startup options

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur

BIAS

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur

but, to get into your PC's BIOS - when it's starting up, scanning the memory, drives, etc, hit the Del key, sometimes F1 - it should say on the screen

F4 / 5 / 8 are just OS startup options

F1 is the right key for WindowsXP....it does not say it on the screen though only the F8 option shows....Finally on my way the reinstalling the dam*n thing.......good looking out bro

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Ummm by the way the BIOS is not associated with the OS at all.

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    you dont want to go into the BIOS for setting partitions

you need to boot to a dos prompt, if you dont have it installed on a partition make a boot disk it will tae you to dos

then at the prompt type fdisk

this is where you manage all your partitions, its pretty self explanatory just make sure you dont erase the partiton with your OS on it

i just wanted to boot directly from the cd and not the hard drive as it was on my comp...i will than get to a blue sceen from the boot cd and start deleting and adding partitions....

BTW, my motherboard has the F1 options others may have Delete option to get to the bias...

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    did you get it to work or you still need help?

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    i just wanted to boot directly from the cd and not the hard drive as it was on my comp...i will than get to a blue sceen from the boot cd and start deleting and adding partitions....

BTW, my motherboard has the F1 options others may have Delete option to get to the bias...
    So there should be a setting to change the boot order. You want to boot from the CD drive before the HD. After that XP setup will allow you to manage your partitions.

Quote Originally Posted by TooSmall
    did you get it to work or you still need help?
    yeah bro, i may need ur advice if ur heavy into computers....

I am in the bios:

set the primary boot from CD drive - secondary from floppy - third for HD....

i know its hard to mess up ur CD drive but it will not boot directly from it, i hear the CD spinning there, but the LED light in the CD drive is not coming on at all....

what i mean is...usually when the CD is in, the CD Drive spools hard and the LED light is on meaning everything is good togo...

But even when i am already in Windows puting any type of CD into the drive it slightly spins there but does not spool as it usully does.....I go to "MY Computer" click on "F Drive" is where my CD is in and the message pops out while the CD is inside the drive slightly spinning to put CD into the drive..

maybe its just a coincidence, but u think i need a new CD drive?

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    So there should be a setting to change the boot order. You want to boot from the CD drive before the HD. After that XP setup will allow you to manage your partitions.
    i did the boot option part in the bios....still can't get to the blue screen, as i stated above, may need to throw away the old Cd drive and get a new one and c what happens...doubt its the Boot CD since i have the legit copy and other CD will not budge as well.......IMO, gotta be the CD drive itself?!

Thread Information