PiecinItUp is offline Member

P2P Programs, Downloading Questions

Everyone tells me that when running on wireless you should get the same download speeds as when your directly connected to your router or cable modem...is this true, it doesn't seem like it?

Plus, I burn all my PS2 games, whats the best program to download them....I've tried Emule (to slow) mIRC (hardly ever get that to work) Newsgroups (way to slow) any ideas guys?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    wireless is sometimes slower.

try www.suprnova.org - they might have ps2 games. i know they have tons of windows games & a few xbox. you have to download and install bittorrent first though.

Thanks Key, i'll give it a try....I like PC games as well

Key, what speeds do you get with Bitorent and suprnova? Any tweeks to speed it up?

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Well yea you SHOULD get the same speeds, your broadband is never going to be faster than a 2.4g connection, well not today it wont. There is a few tweaks you can do depending on what router you have, i have a D-Link Wireless G DL-624 router, and uts great, same speeds as if i was connected using a wire.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by PiecinItUp
    Key, what speeds do you get with Bitorent and suprnova? Any tweeks to speed it up?
    most ever i got was 100 kb's / sec. read up on how the torrent file system works. on a file with a ton of seeds (people using that file that moment) i get about 40 kb's / sec. usually my upload is faster.

but it's one of those things where you can just let it go overnight.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    I use a program called Ares... When I download movies, I get speeds as fast as 150kb's / second

I also use Ares, mainly just for music...still haven't passed 30/kb's second, I don't like wireless...oh well

i use kaza lite ++. to be honest i get constant speeds of 90kbs and can always find what i want

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    For faster wireless connections go with 802.11g or 802.11 super g as opposed
    to 802.11b/a.

Quote Originally Posted by PiecinItUp
    Everyone tells me that when running on wireless you should get the same download speeds as when your directly connected to your router or cable modem...is this true, it doesn't seem like it?

Plus, I burn all my PS2 games, whats the best program to download them....I've tried Emule (to slow) mIRC (hardly ever get that to work) Newsgroups (way to slow) any ideas guys?

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    on easynews i usually get around 250-330 kbps. not bad. but my wireless sometime craps out on me.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENMACHINE
    For faster wireless connections go with 802.11g or 802.11 super g as opposed
    to 802.11b/a.
    Whoa.. i just need to clarify something

By faster wireless connections i assume you are referring to the file transfer speed between two or more pc's on a network? Because obviously his domestic broadband line is never going to exceed a a/b/g/+g line is it. Oh and super G is available on Dlink, thats what i would suggest.

aspengc8 is offline Junior Member
    The more hosts you have on the same wireless AP, the more saturated it's going to be. A good rule of thumb is 10 host's per AP, after that, I'd add another AP.

Thread Information