Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Exclamation F'ing AMD Athlon XP!

My friend's computer is f'ing up so I said I would try and fix it. Her friend put a Via Tech SATA RAID BIOS on it and I can't do sh*t. Where can I get a normal BIOS for an AMD!?!?!

How the fvck can you delete a partition and re-install Windows!? D*mn thing keeps kicking me to re-boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    How the fvck can you delete a partition and re-install Windows!? D*mn thing keeps kicking me to re-boot.

If you have an xp disc it should prompt you to delete the partition before reinstalling it...

I FVCKING HATE AMD'S!!!!

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I had an AMD once, and I'll never buy one again, They Suck A**. Worst processor I've ever had even had a cyrix once. And that was better than the AMD. AMD=Unstable.
    peace,
    otto

Nikolaus777 is offline Junior Member
    Actually the AMD CPU's are very good, its the junky twain motherboards with fakeass knock off chipsets that give ALL of the problems. Return that motherboard and get one with an NFORCE2 chipset.

The SATA is just a controller on the motherboard, so if the harddrive isnt connected to it ( a thin red wire about 1/2 inch thick) just go into the mobo bios and shut it off under intergrated peripherals. Then you only have one BIOS to drive you crazy.

if the hard drive is connected to the SATA then you have to make a floppy disk of the Sata driver and hit the f6 button right as windows starts to boot from the CD. Then it will show you the partition.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaus777
    Actually the AMD CPU's are very good, its the junky twain motherboards with fakeass knock off chipsets that give ALL of the problems. Return that motherboard and get one with an NFORCE2 chipset.

The SATA is just a controller on the motherboard, so if the harddrive isnt connected to it ( a thin red wire about 1/2 inch thick) just go into the mobo bios and shut it off under intergrated peripherals. Then you only have one BIOS to drive you crazy.

if the hard drive is connected to the SATA then you have to make a floppy disk of the Sata driver and hit the f6 button right as windows starts to boot from the CD. Then it will show you the partition.
    i agree with u u have to run AMD on the right motherboard , ASUS makes the most compatible ones i have an alienware aurora with a amd 64 fx 51 cpu , and it can kill any intel ht pentium 4 out there , ................ just a superb computer .

Nikolaus777 is offline Junior Member
    Yep the FX chips from AMD are the best on the planet
    E verything Ive built with those is smoking

aspengc8 is offline Junior Member
    Ive always built my PC's with AMD processors. I'd go with either Asus or Abit motherboards, you get what you pay for. AWARD bios also, easy to work with.

jimihendryx is offline Associate Member
    Ditto... got a smokin audio system running dozens of plugins and audio software with dozens of audio files in 32 bit simultaneously. AMD and Asus. I read all sorts of nasties about mating to the wrong motherboard before I built it.

Thread Information