Thread: suprnova

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding

suprnova

ive just started using suprnova.org for all my music but im having a huge problem downloading. it usually downloads at 2 kbps, whats goin on? my normal dl speed is over 250kbps.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    it's dependant on the peer(s) who's sending it to you. just b/c you normally get cable download speeds of 250 from a major server doesn't mean it's going to be fast. fastest i've gotten from suprnova is 40 - 60 kbps. average is 4, but just leave it on for days and it'll finish.

read up on how the torrent system works and you'll understand what i'm talking about

ok, i didnt know i was dl'ing from multiple users. im just use to newsgroups to where the media is located on a server. thanks!

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I use torrentopia and my average dl speed is 100+kb/s after it gets going. The fastest i've ever downloaded was 450kb/s. as of right now my memento dvd download is running at 114k.

Also if you're behind a firewall or router make sure to port forward TCP ports 6881 thru 68xx. The amount of ports open depends on how many files you're downloading/uploading at once. otherwise your dl's will be slower.

hmm ill have to check that on my router. im not to sure how to do that. i have a linksys router.

Check your default gateway. Easy way of doing that is by typing ipconfig at a command prompt. Your default gateway is the IP address to your router's interface. Type this address in your internet explorer. The default address is http://192.168.1.1.
    This will get you into your router. It may ask you for a password, so if you havent set one and have a linksys router the password should be blank. Just hit ok. If not try "admin" or "default". Then at the main linksys page there should be a tab on top that says "Applications & Gaming". Click that. You should be in the "Port range forward" menu. They should all be clear, so pick the first entry and put "6881" for the starting port and "6889" for the ending port. The protocol for these ports should be "TCP". The IP address is going to be the one that was assigned locally to you by your router's DHCP function. This will be the IP address listed when you typed in ipconfig. Make sure the IP address for port forwarding those ports matches yours. Then check "Enable", and press Save settings. That will do it

thanks bro. im familiar with getting into the router settings it just gets a little confusing. thanks for the help.

that worked! excellent

PiecinItUp is offline Member
    ****it....i wish my stupid roomate would give me the router password...he wont let me port forward!

Susguy is offline Associate Member
    what you can do is go behind the router and there is a reset button on the back, you may have to use a pen tip or a paper clip and press it down and it will reset the whole router including password. and if its a linksys router i believe the pass is admin. and then you can login to the router and change whatever you want.

Thread Information