Thread: more to life

decadbal is offline Banned

more to life

sup fellas, i thought id spill a little bit of thoughts and life for me onto here, bc it seems everyone is sharing more an more and i consider most if not all of you good friends, so it dont bother me to share. anyway since i decided to start bodybuilding, ive pretty much based everything on that, not really being fair to myself, girls ive dated, my family and the ppl im around. it effects everything im involved with. with the stuff going on around me now, im starting to think more and more about life other than bodybuidling, not giving up, but not making it the only priority i have. alot might wonder why, well after going out with a girl to dinner tonight and just seeing how ive really ****ed up in the past with a few girls, and let some girls who are really of marriage caliber go, made me think that maybe i need to make some changes. so around the end of the meal i told her i didnt have anyting to offer her, and took her home. i have been thinkin more and mor about a girl i dated a almost 2 years ago, so i called her, and ill be dammed but if she hasnt dated anyone and she misses me, so tomorrow im not going to work and im going to go to her house and we are gonna spend the entire day together. since i left and broke everything off with her, i honestly havnt stopped thinkin about her, and missed her alot, and am excited about it and her now. she hasnt dated, just worked alot more and feels the same way. its surprising bc in all honesty i treated her like ****, somehting im not proud of at all, i would drink and treat her like crap, so it amazes me she would give me the time of day. either way, im gonna go pick her up and maybe take off a few days of work and have her come here and stay and hang out. ive honestly never wanted to get married, have kids or any of that stuff, and never thought i would, just latly, with girls, and life and having not alot other than BBing, i keep thinkin, there has to be more to life than bodybuidling and sex with someone i dont give a **** about. anyway, i just wanted to share my epiphany with everyone.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    What? how old are u now? Sounds like you want to settle down already>?

houseofpain is offline Banned
    its good to see that you realize there is more to life. you should definately live everyday to its fullest, before you know it you will be old and grey bro. your story reminds me A LOT of myself. i schedule exerything around training and i treat girls like sh!t and never get too involved. for now its gonna stay that way but maybe one day i will settle down and do that thing. basically i am saying i know where you are coming from and i know you will make the best decision for yourself. good luck my brother.
    ~HOP
    p.s. bbing may only last you a few years, the right girl may last ya forever.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    I am sure Blown SC is very happy to get you back......that was the girl you were refering to , right???

Quote Originally Posted by bigrob33
    What? how old are u now? Sounds like you want to settle down already>?
    25, HOP thanks bro.

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    25, HOP thanks bro.
    im only 18, but i feel teh same way. Maybe i should be out drinkinga nd partying just like everyone else, maybe im missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    im only 18, but i feel teh same way. Maybe i should be out drinkinga nd partying just like everyone else, maybe im missing something?
    im not hte kind of person who wants to change my life, but i can tell you if i were your age, id do it diff now, ive hurt alot of girls and mistreated them from drinking and partying. it was always a priority for me in college and i used to drink so much, that id get pissed when someone would call me on it, and they just were being caring, and not tryin to hurt me, but help me, and i never saw it till i had done the damage. its a hard lifestyle to get out of once you in it. so make your decisions with alot of thought, but make your own bro..good luck

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    im 18 too, but i gotta focus on my hockey career and school.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow!

I think that's great. You say you never wanted kids and ****, but i can tell you once you had a son/daughter and they call you daddy.. it's the best feeling in the world. Only makes sense to have the right woman to be the mother of your children. I hope everything works out for the better.

Tell your girl that Mike says hi..haha.. she'll prolly look at you like wtf

gya321 is offline Member
    Well thats good bro maybe its ment to be with that girl. Im sure your having alot more time to think since you layed off the training and whatnot. Good luck tomorow. There is totally more to life than sex and bodybuilding. I wish I could go back in time alot, but I cant so you learn from mistakes or success and live everyday to the fullest.
    Last edited by gya321; 12-05-2004 at 10:37 PM.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Its good that you are thinking about this kind of stuff. 25 isn't too old at all, you've got plenty of time to implement any changes you are considering. Just be true to yourself, and try to find that right girl.

Or guy

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Man im all giggley inside

To see a girl that you have been thinking about and to know that she's been thinking about you.. that's just romantic.. haha Ok im gay now

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    If she will pick up your weights and mix up your shakes, I say you got a pretty promising thing going on.

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    im not hte kind of person who wants to change my life, but i can tell you if i were your age, id do it diff now, ive hurt alot of girls and mistreated them from drinking and partying. it was always a priority for me in college and i used to drink so much, that id get pissed when someone would call me on it, and they just were being caring, and not tryin to hurt me, but help me, and i never saw it till i had done the damage. its a hard lifestyle to get out of once you in it. so make your decisions with alot of thought, but make your own bro..good luck
    wait so you think i should change my ways? or what?

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    goodluck with this chick.. dont mess it up again.. chances are she wont feel the same way if it happens again...

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    You can let anything consume your life... Not bodybuilding or anything else... Too much of anything turns out to be bad. Shawn Ray once said in Flex Mag "I'll never stop bodybuilding because I go and do things away from bodybuilding, that makes me miss it too much" This is pretty much how i've treated my time as a bodybuilder... It's a great love and passion for me... But I have other things I enjoy to... Life is about keeping a balance man... You can let one side of the scale out weigh the other side... Think of all you'd be missing out on? Which I think you've started to realize... Good luck bro

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Good luck Deca . Second chances don't come around often........make the most of it!!!
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    maybe ur kidney problems making u all soft (hope all is well), but with all do respect guy, how in the world do you menage to get women with that mug of yours.....
    Last edited by Sage; 12-06-2004 at 12:38 AM.

dirtythirty is offline Associate Member
    yep, no time like the present to make right what we've made wrong. go give her the "real" you man!

well things went great today, i just took her home and got back with her, she got more clothes and is staying here for a week and im not workin this week. things are beyond perfect, really they are, ive dated enough girls twice to know the diff between things being like they were and the heat of the moment. so im super stoked about this week and what it might bring.. thanks for the support fellas.. great group of bros here and elsewhere

Thread Information