Tose22 is offline Associate Member

Stupid Task Manager!!

alright so there is a problem with my task manager, i am running windows xp home edition and when i open my task manager to turn off programs and shut down processes on the process tree, it puts an icon at the bottom of the screen like a box with a green leveler that goes up and down with computer processes. My problem is that my task manager does not open and when i go down to click on the green box next to the computer's clock it disappears....Any suggestions????

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    You may have a virus. many viruses will do that so you cant stop their processes. try booting in safe mode, stop all processes that arent needed by windows, then see if it comes up. most likely will. do a virus scan. come back with results.

later

alright i'll try that right now, thanks

-Tose

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Did u try holding down Ctrl/Alt/Delete to get task manager to come up?

~SC~

yes when i do that the window for the task manager pops up and quickly dissapears, not even giving me a chance to click on any part of the window. It leaves the icon at the tool tray until i try to click on that and it dissapears when move my mouse over it.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    that sounds like a virus, i would try it in safe mode. what antivirus are u running?

solarisdude45 is offline Junior Member
    Okay, the task manager tells you the processes, applications running and the performance of your computer. One reason(s) you seek it in your tray is that your system is running slow due to your system does not have enought memory and/or speed (CPU) to accomodate your applications and/or you have a virus(es) as suggested by max2extreme and/or you have spyware loaded on your system that is utilizing your resources on your computer for it's own purpose (uploading/downloading files). So, first thing I would do is take the suggest of kloter1 and see if you have a virus(es) and if you run clean then go to www.lavasoft.com and get the latest version of adware (free) and run it to see if you have spyware. That's my 2 cent worth....

Thread Information