skribbble is offline Member

How to hide your ip?

Just with browsing the internet like i do ive become paranoid about people getting my ip. Anyone know programs or certain antivirus programs that make your ip impossible for others to get?

Angelis is offline Banned
    Yeah use a Proxy it hides ur IP and uses a fake one.

How do i get a proxy?

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    To be honest bro if someone really wants to get your IP they will.

I know, i have a friend thats a mod on a local car forum, and he always does **** with my computer and gets alaugh about it. Freaks me out sometime so i want a way to stop him from getting my ip and doing this stuff.

yeah but proxies are good to use... but it wont stop hackers from getting to you... it will stop the newb hackers but not the good ones

and to find one just do a search at Geocities they have allot of stuff thats where I found mine.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by skribbble
    I know, i have a friend thats a mod on a local car forum, and he always does **** with my computer and gets alaugh about it. Freaks me out sometime so i want a way to stop him from getting my ip and doing this stuff.
    Thats has nothing to do with ur IP... well it does but it complicated. Anyway he has Spyware and/or a trojan horse virus in ur computer... while ur looking for a proxy program also search for spyware scanner and trojan virus remover.

Oh and he is able to get these things on ur computer bcs he u are accepting pics, vids and programs from him he can easily hide one of these on ur computer... I used to do this to my friends and they where completely freaked out.

Hope this helped

Angelis

try this I just saw it on here and decided to let you know about it... I havent tried it so I dont know how it worked but you can try it.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
    Last edited by Angelis; 01-08-2005 at 11:18 AM.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Proxy programs will not hide your IP number. I think you guys are getting "proxies" mixed up a bit. Not to insult anyone here, I mean we are all here to learn right. Proxies all work differently. Sure a proxy can hide your "Internal IP number" but trust me your ISP's IP number that is very hard to mask. Even if you do, most ISP companies track Mac Addresses now for security reasons. Still some sites won't let you surf if you "mask" your IP number. Trust me, there are no "safe" programs out there.
    Most ISP companies are keeping tabs on users now a days mostly because of the RIAA and the recent laws they have passed. So even if you mask your IP number, or try to, you may make yourself more prone to an ISP looking closer at your account to see why are you trying to Hide your IP? Something to think about!

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    Thats has nothing to do with ur IP... well it does but it complicated. Anyway he has Spyware and/or a trojan horse virus in ur computer... while ur looking for a proxy program also search for spyware scanner and trojan virus remover.

Oh and he is able to get these things on ur computer bcs he u are accepting pics, vids and programs from him he can easily hide one of these on ur computer... I used to do this to my friends and they where completely freaked out.

Hope this helped

Angelis

try this I just saw it on here and decided to let you know about it... I havent tried it so I dont know how it worked but you can try it.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
    The spyware software from Microsoft works really well, it found about 30 spyware programs on my sytsem when I ran it.

Messy, good to see Microsoft doing something usefull for a change

lol dont bring me into this

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    You need to run a virus scan, run a spyware scan, and get a firewall...

Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    You need to run a virus scan, run a spyware scan, and get a firewall...
    For example, that would stop a Mod on this forum from seeing his IP? Thats what we're getting at.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skribbble
    No but it would stop his friend from "doing **** with" his computer...

Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    No but it would stop his friend from "doing **** with" his computer...
    To some extent, yes.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Anonymiser.com.......Anonymous proxy.....for a price

aspengc8 is offline Junior Member
    you can't "hide" your IP from the world. You can increase your local security (firewall, router ACL's, etc..), but your not going to be able to hide the IP you get frrom your provider.
    If someone wants to spoof it...its going to get spoofed.

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Using a proxy server WILL hide your IP. Test it out...

Find an open proxy, plug it into IE and go to a website that displays your IP...its changed. Do the same on any forum that openly posts IP's, youl notice your IP has changed. Not sure about these so called 'programs'. I simply use (what i call) a proxy server that you can obtain from many places, including google, and plug it into the connection settings within IE. This uses that external computer/proxy before it makes a connection to whatever server/site you are accessing.

One thing using a proxy would be good for (assuming you have a good proxy) would be to hide your IP from suspecting law enforcement...say one that is involved with a forum?

Thread Information