yooo is offline Associate Member

LCD display and laptop...

So i cracked the LCD screen on the laptop and have regular desktop LCD display... anyone know how to connect it and use the laptop as a CPU without keepin the laptop open?

Its an IBM T40 laptop...

Also, can i connect a keyboard and mouse also? preferably wireless?!

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yooo
    So i cracked the LCD screen on the laptop and have regular desktop LCD display... anyone know how to connect it and use the laptop as a CPU without keepin the laptop open?

Its an IBM T40 laptop...

will be in the options somewhere, i have a toshibas, and they give you the option to hibernate, turn off, or leave it alone when closed

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yooo

Its an IBM T40 laptop...

Most laptops have a VGA monitor port on the back of them. Most laptops also have a usb port or even a ps/2 port to plug a mouse and keyboard into. You can also look online for a USB docking station, they are about 80 or so bucks. They allow you to plug more devices into it, such as scanners, camera's and give you some expandability.
    As far as the laptop being closed, you may have to turn off the power managment options in the control panel some laptops allow you to close them, and still display the lcd screen. Yet still I have seen some laptops where you can install the monitor driver software and then it will allow you to close the laptop.
    Again depending on the laptop, if it is a dell or some other brand you can buy a docking station directly from the company, and you can keep the laptop closed, and still have a monitor plugged in. It really depends on the brand of laptop, and how the power management settings are set.
    Hope this helps ya.

Thread Information