Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member

Windows Xp Password Hack

My friend gave a computer that was once his sisters. She no longer lives in the US, didnt take the machine with her...he has a badass system, so he gave me this comp w/ flat screen monitor. The issue with the machine is that it is loaded with XP...his siter has since forgotten the password....does anyone know a root passowrd or retrival method to get around this? If not, i will just buy a new copy of Windows- cant beat a new comp for free! The comp is less than 8 months old! Definately worth a new OS, but if I could bypass it...so much the better!

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal Cracker
    My friend gave a computer that was once his sisters. She no longer lives in the US, didnt take the machine with her...he has a badass system, so he gave me this comp w/ flat screen monitor. The issue with the machine is that it is loaded with XP...his siter has since forgotten the password....does anyone know a root passowrd or retrival method to get around this? If not, i will just buy a new copy of Windows- cant beat a new comp for free! The comp is less than 8 months old! Definately worth a new OS, but if I could bypass it...so much the better!
    Is it XP Home or Pro?

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    it should ask you for a passphrase or question about the password.

Cry0smate is offline Member
    Don't buy a new copy of Windows bro, check this out:

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_admini...r_password.htm

spkmania is offline Associate Member
    if it's xp pro, just power it on, then hit F8, run it in safe mode and log on as an administrator. then you have the power to edit logins/passwords or delete/add an account.

spkmania is offline Associate Member
    not sure if that works with xp home edition, though.

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    Download Trinity Rescue Kit imgage from http://trinityhome.org/trk/ and burn it to a CD. Boot up computer using the CD. Use the provided script to reset the password.

Personally I would prefer to reinstall the computer.

rontg is offline Associate Member
    is it a dell if so , call them and give them the express service code and ask for all the disks needed to reformat it to factory condition, since its only 8 months old it may be still under warrenty, but they won't give you the warranty because you are not the original buyer, so tell them you are fixing it for her. then just reformat everything.

Susguy is offline Associate Member
    def reformat the hd, and install a new copy of windows

Quote Originally Posted by Atwacity
    Don't buy a new copy of Windows bro, check this out:

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_admini...r_password.htm

i tried that, i think it only works if you have a stand alone computer, i was trying to login as an admin at work but it didnt work though.. good luck

rixyroids is offline Associate Member
    man, u gota turn the computer on the give the following a try

once you turn it on, continually press the F8 button (i think, and dnt hold the button, press it repeatidly) until u get a list of options. one of these options will be to turn the computer on in safe mode. CHOOSE SAFE MODE!!

when XP starts, it might ask for a password, hit either cancel or press escape. this will bring you to safe mode desktop, where you will be using it in safe mode but as the administrator. you should now be able to go to the control panal in the start up menu (bottom left) and go to users etc. this shoudld allow you to remove the passwords of the administrtor. when you have done this, shut the computer down then retsrat it and just let it go by itself. it should work from then on, and you can then go back in and make ur own passwords

let me know if this works

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    You have lots of options (as listed above) but I would install a fresh OS. There is nothing worse than working with a computer that has been screwed around with by someone else...

my sis has a lot of crap all over her computer, i did a adaware scan and found over 130 files... so you will never know what shape the computer is in.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rixyroids
    man, u gota turn the computer on the give the following a try

once you turn it on, continually press the F8 button (i think, and dnt hold the button, press it repeatidly) until u get a list of options. one of these options will be to turn the computer on in safe mode. CHOOSE SAFE MODE!!

when XP starts, it might ask for a password, hit either cancel or press escape. this will bring you to safe mode desktop, where you will be using it in safe mode but as the administrator. you should now be able to go to the control panal in the start up menu (bottom left) and go to users etc. this shoudld allow you to remove the passwords of the administrtor. when you have done this, shut the computer down then retsrat it and just let it go by itself. it should work from then on, and you can then go back in and make ur own passwords

let me know if this works
    that will not work on xp pro or 2000 for sure. If that were the case there would be no security. i'm not sure on home cause I never use the consumer version OS ever.

chinups Guest
    Why would u want to hack into it, Just get a XP cd and reimage it case closed.

XL721 is offline Junior Member
    Doods, a linux boot disk will change the password for u. if all else fails just reinstall windows. i use the linux boot disk method at work all the time.

purplelaceteddy is offline Female Member
    ok go here get what you need.....

http://www.overdump.com/index.php?qr...ategory=cracks
    At a bookstore the other day, I saw a book entitled "Sex for Dummies." Why would someone want to teach dumb people how to reproduce? Aren't there enough of them now?

zuke is offline Member
    there is no problem that can't be solved with the proper application of a suitable amount of explosives

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zuke
    there is no problem that can't be solved with the proper application of a suitable amount of explosives
    When i used to tech support for compaq i had a redneck tell me "'ll tell you how i'm gonna fix this boy. Imma get a godamm stick a this here c4 and shove it in the disk drive and that'll fix the mutherfukker for good.". he was so computer illiterate. i think he did launch it out the back patio window for sure.

heem is offline New Member
    dude I got cracks for what ever version of windows except server 2003 eterprise still working on that

e mail or pm me

pm or email me

on the password thats lost

only works on home for pro use a tool like erd commader

Thread Information