LetFreedomRing is offline Junior Member

Surf the net ANONYMOUSLY

I have tried a few products over the years, software to eliminate spyware (riiiiight), adware, keep my IP sig invisible, etc, but lately I decided to upgrade to Ghostsurf 2005 platinum, and I am very impressed. Ghostsurf supposedly has their own private non-monitered hubs on their newest version, and I can not only use their hubs as my originating IP, but I can encrypt my requests from my computer to their hub (this eliminates my ISP or Big brother from spying on me -- not that I do anything I should be worried about, but...). FINALLY, a product that let's me hook up to my secure addy securely, taking the weak link out of encrypted email addy's, at least for a while.

I run all sorts of spyware programs as well, and the spyware program they include recently located a keylogger program on my computer that was sending "somebody" all my keystrokes -- bank passwords, e-mail passcodes, etc.

If you are tired of wondering if somebody may be out there watching you, somebody is. Eliminate it with Ghostsurf 2005 Platinum, or regular Ghostsurf 2005 if you cannot afford the full version. www.tenebril.com
    Last edited by LetFreedomRing; 03-09-2005 at 10:19 PM.

Here are some FAQ's about the encryption from Tenebril:

GhostSurf 2005 - Can my ISP spy on my network traffic if I’m using GhostSurf 2005?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Many people are now aware that many of the major Internet Service Providers (ISPs) watch them as they surf around the Internet, generating profiles that they can then sell to advertisers. Many feel, as they are paying for their Internet service, they have a right to control what information is shared and with whom. This is certainly a legitimate concern for Internet users, and it is one for which GhostSurf is, in part, able to address.
    Because ISPs handle huge volumes of web traffic all the time, they are limited in the types of spying they can do. For example, they don't have the computational resources to read and analyze the text of every web site you and all your fellow Internet users visits. They can, however, keep a log of the websites you visit; this requires, by comparison, very little space and processor power, and it's ultimately just as useful for advertisers.

GhostSurf's anonymous hubs feature blocks this spying method, because when you're using anonymous hubs you only connect to one website (the anonymous hub). All the real websites you visit go through that hub, so to your ISP it looks like you only visit one website but to you, the whole Internet is accessible. In this way, GhostSurf allows you to surf the web without your ISP's spying on you.

This is, however, an imperfect solution to this problem. If the ISP (or a government agency) really wanted to watch you, they could tap your Internet connection and actually read everything that goes back and forth. Since the data sent to the anonymous hub is not encrypted, someone who listens to the line could see what sites you're visiting.

GhostSurf 2005 has a solution to this problem. If you set the privacy level in the Privacy Control Center to “Secure,” all the traffic coming in and out of your computer will be first encrypted and then sent to Tenebril’s anonymous hubs.

Since the data is encrypted when it passes through your ISP, your ISP cannot see or read the data.

GhostSurf 2005 - Who runs the anonymous hubs? Are they secure?

---------------------------------------------------

The anonymous hubs that GhostSurf 2005 uses are maintained and run by Tenebril. These hubs are secure and are constantly monitored by Tenebril. No logs relating to your Internet traffic are kept at all on the hubs, so your browsing is completely secure.

Tenebril does not keep logs of the Internet traffic of GhostSurf 2005 users.

baldeagle1 is offline New Member
    Ghostsurf 2005 platinum is great bro

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
    because those who mind don't matter
    and those who matter don't mind"
    Last edited by baldeagle1; 03-14-2005 at 09:57 PM.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baldeagle1
    Ghostsurf 2005 platinum is great bro
    yep got it on morpheus today. works well

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    yep got it on morpheus today. works well
    Speaking of which, free 15 day trial version HERE

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LetFreedomRing
    Speaking of which, free 15 day trial version HERE
    the morpheus one isnt a trial. Well it was a 15 day with a hack. now its unlimited. Its causeing me headache though on a lot of sites that require cookies and sh1t.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    the morpheus one isnt a trial. Well it was a 15 day with a hack. now its unlimited. Its causeing me headache though on a lot of sites that require cookies and sh1t.
    You can edit the headers on the Privacy Control Panel under "options" in the personal information removal box; uncheck cookies, check everything else. Or you can click on the site under "traffic" and edit your prefs for that site. Or you can go to "special sites" and set up custom settings for the most common sites you visit. Learning curve is about 30 minutes, and it does take some getting used to if you do alot of surfing. But if you need on those sites requiring cookies you can temporarily disable cookies and stay encrypted and anonymous.

Thread Information