Thread: helpppppppppppp

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

helpppppppppppp

i cannot get this god dam toolbar off my windows, my sister accidently clicked yes to some security warning window.....ive uninstalled its components but it still shows up, there is one folder that probly has to do with it but it wont let me delete it because it says source file is in use, the toolbar even shows up on things like recycle bin and explorer...i attached a picture, any ideas???????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails helpppppppppppp-untitled.jpg  

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    good luck, I actually reformatted my ****in comp because of that toolbar, and the sad thing is ,I kid you not!

Quote Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23
    good luck, I actually reformatted my ****in comp because of that toolbar, and the sad thing is ,I kid you not!
    that exact one????

got rid of it, i used system mechanic and ran the spyware searcher, then deleted the files and restarted the computer, finally got rid of the piece of ****....guess ill just leave the threaad up for reference in case anybody else runs into this toolbar

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    yeah that exact toolbar and your lucky because I could not get rid of it for the life of me

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    You have different options. Easiest one is to restart the PC and try to delete the folder. If it is still in use, then you need either to restart your PC in safe mode and delete it, or delete it from DOS prompt. Let me know if you don't know how to delete it from safe mode or DOS prompt.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2
    You have different options. Easiest one is to restart the PC and try to delete the folder. If it is still in use, then you need either to restart your PC in safe mode and delete it, or delete it from DOS prompt. Let me know if you don't know how to delete it from safe mode or DOS prompt.
    yea i actually tried deleting it from dos and it still gave me some error

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    Did you restart your PC in DOS mode? or just tried deleting it from DOS prompt while Windows is running? You have to start your PC in DOS mode. Get a start-up floppy and put it in Drive A: and restart your PC and go to C: and delete it.

Thread Information