Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member

Steganos Security Software

Here is one of the most potent security suite programs i have ever used. You can double and triple encrypt files and emails that supposedly cannot be cracked by secret service if you choose the right password. nevertheless it would make for a very difficult time for an amatuer even a pc pro to hack in.

here is a link to the software...

Steganos

also there is a keylogger program which you could read more about at this link too..

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...03#post1814703

spectrum is offline New Member
    i'd go with pgp and/or truecrypt myself.

i really don't know much about staganos tho as i dumped it as soon as i tried their internet anonymity program and it spilled the beans (showed my real ip) repeatedly when i tested it at "shieldsup".

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    i'd go with pgp and/or truecrypt myself.

i really don't know much about staganos tho as i dumped it as soon as i tried their internet anonymity program and it spilled the beans (showed my real ip) repeatedly when i tested it at "shieldsup".
    i use ghostsurf for IP protection. Steganos encryptions seems to work well. They have a cool feature that allows you to hide files within jpg's and encrypt them. not sure how slick the fbi is but that woudl take alot of work to hack the password which by the way is like 30+ characters and then go thru every jpeg decrypting. im sure it can be done but not likely. ill check out true crypt tho. i am always up for learning new encryption programs.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    cool, they work and everything? I had it on my system but the trial ran out and I couldnt find a serial

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    i use ghostsurf for IP protection. Steganos encryptions seems to work well. They have a cool feature that allows you to hide files within jpg's and encrypt them. not sure how slick the fbi is but that woudl take alot of work to hack the password which by the way is like 30+ characters and then go thru every jpeg decrypting. im sure it can be done but not likely. ill check out true crypt tho. i am always up for learning new encryption programs.
    The process of hiding data within images files (steganography) may seem as though it is providing an additional layer of security but there are programs that perform very quick statistical tests to determine if a file has "hidden" information. If you _think_ you need steganography you have to ask yourself do you really understand it.

Steganos uses AES/Rijndael cipher for encryption. Yeah sure its a solid encryption process, Rijndael beat alot of other very well constructed ciphers to become the Advanced Encryption Standard - However its also costs nothing to use - so why pay for steganos, which is actually pretty expensive, when there's plenty of free AES based alternatives out there who's work is open to public/expert scrutiny.

cool avatar deezuhl.
    Last edited by weightshead; 11-05-2005 at 09:49 AM.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    so what are these free programs that do what steganos does? and where can we get em?

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    so what are these free programs that do what steganos does? and where can we get em?
    one open source implementation of the AES algorithm is called axcrypt. I dare say its incredibly simple to use as it doesnt run as a separate program but rather it is fully integrated with windows explorer.

http://axcrypt.sourceforge.net/

there are a host of others but im not sure any will be as easy to use as that.

if you're curious i personally use GNU Privacy Guard.
    http://www.gnupg.org/
    although its not the easiest thing in the world to use it is a fully open source implementation of PGP.

hope that helps.

Thread Information