Thread: How Often...

purplelaceteddy is offline Female Member

How Often...

I was just wondering how often do you reformat your harddrive...i started out doing it every 3 months..but now its been almost 6......i just hate the backing up programs..and re-installing..i think i'm going to make a ghost this time after i'm finished re-installing everything.....

so you have any better ideas? I'm open
    At a bookstore the other day, I saw a book entitled "Sex for Dummies." Why would someone want to teach dumb people how to reproduce? Aren't there enough of them now?

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    that's what I do. but I wipe and reload once a year approx. ghost it after a fresh install and you're good to go for next time

Sapper is offline New Member
    I never reformat, unless my system crashes. If things start getting sluggish I de-spyware and antivirus it, then do a full install of Windows without wiping any software.

What prompts you to reformat so often? I never notice any performance loss with mine, but I also don't get hit with spyware. Thanks, Firefox.

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Reformat your hard drive every 3 months?? That's absurd! What causes you to have to do that? I've had my puter for over a year and haven't ever had to reformat. If you're doing it to cover tracks, it's useless. An electron microscope could still pull up things buried on your harddrive. If there is another reason why you think you need to reformat so often, let us know. If its some other problem, maybe someone could help you out.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    People who use music downloaders and stuff like that can end up with more frequent problems than most normal users...but every 3 months is a bit much

soldieriniraq is offline New Member
    as long as you keep your system clean of crap and keep it defraged you should be good makes o sence to reformat every 3 months

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    I format every 3 months 2 , I am a programmer I use all the resource of my pc plus my registry get screwed because I edit it too mush while trying scripts and codes

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I reformat every 6 months. I also use a LLF.

vcon13 is offline New Member
    If you keep a clean system you will not have to reformat that often. If you use linux you never have to!

*** Admin/Engineer/Developer

Thread Information