bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member

quick... delete cookies

how do i delete cookies and history?
    gotta do this before the mail gets here in two hours...
    thnx

timtim is offline Member
    go to tools, click on internet tools. you could delete cookies and internet history that way.

Cmore is offline Associate Member
    In Internet Explorer? Tools, internet options, "Delete Cookies" and "Clear History".

CapnZ is offline Associate Member
    To delete history and cookies - go to "tools" on your web browser, drop that menu down and go to "internet options" - you will see buttons for "delete cookies" and "clear history" - follow the directions. You'll get it.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Why? You know you're getting busted, or what?

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    Yeah - are you getting a shipment or something today?? If you delete all your history and cookies... you can still see anything that has ever happened on your computer. There are ways to uncover everything.

Toolbar -> Tools -> Internet Options, under Temporary Internet Options click the "Delete Cookies" button... the the "Clear History" button below that.

Hopefully you're not in trouble - good luck bro.

Quote Originally Posted by lfrisbee
    Yeah - are you getting a shipment or something today?? If you delete all your history and cookies... you can still see anything that has ever happened on your computer. There are ways to uncover everything.

Toolbar -> Tools -> Internet Options, under Temporary Internet Options click the "Delete Cookies" button... the the "Clear History" button below that.

Hopefully you're not in trouble - good luck bro.
    oh... i thought that deleted everything... shows how much i know about comps... and no i am not getting busted just playing it safe in case Mr. postman's friends wanna come in!

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    well first of all.... if it sounds suspicious when he's there, dont let them in!..thats for damn sure. I would act like you know nothing about the package, act suprised, and if they are weird, refuse it. if they dont try to get you to take it, then while he's walking away..be like "ahh what the heck, i'll take it" lol thats what i'd do anyway...

lcpl kill is offline Associate Member
    for future refrence tell him its your room mates package and that youll sign for it. take it inside and as soon as he leaves take it somewhere else. if someone wants to look in your computer they need a warrant its the law no matter what they say never give anyone conscent to look in your 5hit.

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    An excellent program for covering your tracks is called Evidence Eliminator v5.0. Do a search on a search engine and it will set you up with links to the site where you can get the software. I'm not trying to solicit anything here, but I thought I'd help you out if your concerned about covering your tracks on your puter. I use the program myself and it works great. The program does everything from deleting cookies to deleting your internet cache, browser history, plugin history, keylog history, autofill url history, and many hidden logs on your computer that you typically can't delete on your own. I hope this helps.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    thats badass...good call shrpskn!

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    I’m not 100% sure but I heard it doesn’t make any difference if you clear history cookies or not, it never gets fully deleted, it my be to the eye but if you have the right tools you can get it all back every thing you have ever done ,, apparently BC WIPE is one of the only things that deletes permanently from your hard drive…
    Last edited by S.P.G; 08-29-2005 at 06:24 AM.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    If its someone thats knows what they are doing... they can just look at the index.dat file. It stores every web site ever visted and u cant delete it in normal mode (u have to do it in safe mode)

is this easy or extremely difficult, given that i'm not quite sure how to run in safe mode?

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    is this easy or extremely difficult, given that i'm not quite sure how to run in safe mode?
    why are you so worried what have you done bro,,

not extremely difficult... when u first hit the power button on your computer start to hit the F8 (some are F10) key. A black and white menu should come on select "safe mode" and start it that way. Once it loads do a file search for index.dat once u find it delete it. Start your computer back in normal mode. (this is for windows OS)

wow... good info. thnx a bunch. am i right in assuming this deletes all websites you've been to?

it deletes the index.dat file which contains that info. U gotta clear your cookies, history, and temporary internet files as well. This should cover your tracks from most people. If a trained tech person has the right stuff they will still be able to find it.

wow... good info. thnx a bunch. am i right in assuming this deletes all websites you've been to?

last question i swear. i know how to delete cookies, and history but don't recall knowing to to remove the temporary internet files?
    again, thnx

its in the same place where u deleted cookies and history. Its in the general tab... click the "delete files" button

thank you for all your help

vcon13 is offline New Member
    Ultra Wipe is much better and it is free. Most of the best software in the world is free and open source. It has a DoD standard secure file deletion with multiple sweeps.
    You can download it here with a lot of other free software.
    http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlultrawipe.html

********** Body Enhancement IBEAdmin/Engineer/Developer
    Last edited by vcon13; 09-03-2005 at 10:08 PM.

spectrum is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shrpskn
    An excellent program for covering your tracks is called Evidence Eliminator v5.0. Do a search on a search engine and it will set you up with links to the site where you can get the software. I'm not trying to solicit anything here, but I thought I'd help you out if your concerned about covering your tracks on your puter. I use the program myself and it works great. The program does everything from deleting cookies to deleting your internet cache, browser history, plugin history, keylog history, autofill url history, and many hidden logs on your computer that you typically can't delete on your own. I hope this helps.
    Sorry bro but EE sucks.
    http://ee-sucks.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.radsoft.net/resources/software/reviews/ee/
    While its true that u might find a lot of sites that compare EE to to others with EE winning its also true that these sites are often operated by EE themselves or people paid by EE.......those ****s have no scruples.

Try to get ur hands on cyberscrub.
    East tec eraser is also supposed to be good.
    Eraser http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/ is free and good for file by file or recycle bin nuking. it'd be the best but lacks automation features for many cleanup tasks.

windows washer is ok but not in the same league as cyberscrub. it doesnt reboot to clean out swap files and index.dat which means its often NOT really successfully doing what it claims to be doing.

ccleaner is good for light weight junk cleanup (which is all i'd really use windows washer for) and its also free.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    You have to completly restore your HD's to rid anything 4 good, and it takes hours to do right. and will completly set your PC back to tis origional state as if you were to just take it out of the box. It will erase all your windows updates and any other programs games software etc..Until you do, your PC can be opened to view all. deleating cookies does nothing, but hide what youve been looking at, not erase it.

~dv~

Thread Information