Thread: Nintendo Wii

Deluge1 is offline Junior Member

Nintendo Wii

So I noticed theres a long thread about the PS3 vs XBOX 360, but what about the WII? Obviously the technology and graphics are both better for PS3 and XBOX but how about the all out gaming and fun factor?

I'm looking into buying a system and am leaning towards the WII now as I am not much of a power gamer anymore and prefer games I can just jump into with friends.

What are people's ecperiences with the system and how could you compare to the other consoles?

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    did you really just post this in the steroid forum?

Oh, wow my bad. I have this page in FAvourites and I'm used to it just opening to the discussion forum.

Lol. little help mods?!

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    LOL, too funny.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluge1
    Oh, wow my bad. I have this page in FAvourites and I'm used to it just opening to the discussion forum.

Lol. little help mods?!
    that will be $10 please
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    You'll always have a good time with the WII. I don't own one, but my friend bought one a few months ago and if you like fun games, the WII is the system to buy. It gives you a pretty damn good workout too if you play on it long enough!

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    the tiger woods one would be a blast with friends,

ive played the golf one that comes with wii, it was good but you could tell they didnt put much into it.

Madden for wii looks deff diff to say the least.

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    When it comes to game titles Nintendo has my top 3 video games series of all time. In no order, they are Zelda, Metroid, Mario. In terms of liking the WII, I would say try it out first beforehand, some like it some don't.

Serotonin is offline Member
    I bought a Wii in January thanks to my bro that works at a Gamestop. The only game I bought with it was Twilight Princess... it is like video Edited. The Wii sports even kicks assholes in. My fiance plays the tennis and bowling with me and she HATES videogames so you know they did something right. My only beef is the variety of titles they have out now. Nothing really that amazing but it is an incredible system so I'm sure the devs have some nice stuff in the works. Metroid is going to be sick as hell when it comes out!

Ya no question Zelda is amazing, especially the classics for it's time, simply amazing. Metroid is right up there with it, I loved the NES and SNES versions the most. I will definitely get the WII soon. I will actually get all 3 of them soon. Already have the XBOX, the WII when they start becoming more easy to find in retail stores I will get one. And the PS3 when the games start coming through and hopefully a little price drop and I am getting that too. It's the Gamer in me, I still feel like a little kid when I play video games. You can get away from everything and just focus on the game you're playing.

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    me, my girl, and my cousin stay up all night playing that damn bowling game. its addicting

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    i have a Wii, its only fun when your playing with 3 or more ppl.

All of my friends and I are addicted to the tennis game on Wii Sports. As a matter of fact, my friend shattered a beer glass when he was doing a back stroke! You really get into it.

Thanks for all the replies guys, thats pretty much what I was expecting to hear.

How does it work for the backwards compatible games? I know you can play NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube games on the WII but where do you get the games? I'm assuming you download them...

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    I honestly like the Wii the best, but that is just me. It is a lot more fun than anything i have ever tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Deluge1
    Thanks for all the replies guys, thats pretty much what I was expecting to hear.

How does it work for the backwards compatible games? I know you can play NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube games on the WII but where do you get the games? I'm assuming you download them...
    Yes you download them with the WII's online feature.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Quote Originally Posted by x_moe
    i have a Wii, its only fun when your playing with 3 or more ppl.
    I have to agree. this is something that is more of a party favorite than a solo mission.

Thread Information