fully_paully is offline Associate Member

Video card Problem

i have a NVIDIA Geforce 2 MX 100/200 and wen i try 2 play computer games the game menus n stuff will work but once i go 2 play the game the picture jsut freezes up and has funny lines though the screen..
    also wen i wake up in the mourning and go 2 turn my computer on the 1st 2-3 times i start the computer the monitor is all fukd up..the letters are jumpbled..the colours r all fukd and u jsut cant see shit i have 2 restart the computer bout 3 times b4 its normal.
    is my video card fuk'd do i need a new 1? its about 3 - 4 years old

IXISiDiuSIXI is offline Associate Member
    Ya it's toast. That happened to my 9700pro awhile back. Just a matter of time b4 you have no picture at all.

ahh oks..i thought that its time 2 buy a new 1....got any recemmondations on a good video card? not a real exepensive one...jsut sumtin that will play most games and will last me few years b4 needed 2 b upgraded.

IXISiDiuSIXI is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fully_paully
    ahh oks..i thought that its time 2 buy a new 1....got any recemmondations on a good video card? not a real exepensive one...jsut sumtin that will play most games and will last me few years b4 needed 2 b upgraded.
    I got a nvidia 6800gt. Best card for the money by far. Easily overclockable and plays half life 2 perfect :P. Should last you a few years with no problems. Shouldn't be too bad on the price now. I payed $400 for it like a year ago. Says $270 on pricewatch.com now. I'm not sure what your budget is, but you can't go wrong with that card.

zOaib is offline VET
    get a x800 gto , but if u want one that will last u a while and let u play games with awesome detail get the x800 gto2 , which unlocks to a full x850 xt pe , so when u find games that lagg on the x800 gto2 speeds just unlock the damn thign and blow stuff up after that ................ a good investment definately , ati is a lot better than nvidia when it comes to quality ! just an opinion

here is a link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102634

u cna browse other cards here aswell a lot better prices than pricewatch and better warranty !

thanks heaps guys... l'll start looking into it.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have the ATI9800 and it rocks!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    I have the ATI9800 and it rocks!
    pro or xt ?? if you've got just a pro, hack it to an XT:

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/category/3/91/74/

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    If you have a NVIDIA Geforce 2 MX 100/200 your computer probably sucks. In fact, it probably sucks a lot.

Don't get a video card over $100 USD. You can get something like a 6600 LE for about that price and it will run a lot faster than your Geforce 2. If you blow $300+ on a video card you won't see the performance you are expecting because your computer sucks so hard.

Thread Information