heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member

Bypass administrator rights on laptop

Fellas does any one know how to bypass any administrative rights on a work laptop ?

I'm trying to install a program on my work laptop but it says i dont have the rights to download?

Help....

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    What is the OS?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    do you need admin rights?? or admin rights on the machine??

you can reset the admin password on the machine using a linx program on a disc.. if the laptop will boot to the cd..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

I assume that his particular account on his work laptop only has limited priviliges which will not allow him to download or install anything without administrative privilages...in that case, he would have to be logged on with an account that has administrative privilages, but if he can't, this can be overridden at boot up...depends on what OS the computer has tho.

If it's Windows, as the system boots, the "F8" button will give you advanced start up options where you could access the administrator's account which is normally not accessible in normal boot up.
    You'd then want to go into "safe mode" and login to "Administrator" if it's not already password protected...you can then give "your" account administrative privileges, then reboot, download, and install the program under your account...

Or the "esc" button, at boot up, will give you the boot menu, whereas stated above, you could boot from the cd to reset the administrator password and you could then follow the steps I mentioned above in safe mode to give your account the administrative privilege it needs to download and install the program you want. Remember though, that your account may need to remain with administrative privileges in order for you to use the program that you intend to install...if this is anything that may get sniffed out by your employer and get you in trouble, I wouldn't risk it.

What program is it that you want to install? Must be risky if you're trying to do this without permission from your employer, eh? Or are you the employer?

Good luck and be safe,

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    yep, i deal with alot of network crap and application rights become an issue, so the admin password on the local is almost as important as the network admin..

good luck..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by shrpskn
    If it's Windows, as the system boots, the "F8" button will give you advanced start up options where you could access the administrator's account which is normally not accessible in normal boot up.
    You'd then want to go into "safe mode" and login to "Administrator" if it's not already password protected...you can then give "your" account administrative privileges, then reboot, download, and install the program under your account...

Or the "esc" button, at boot up, will give you the boot menu, whereas stated above, you could boot from the cd to reset the administrator password and you could then follow the steps I mentioned above in safe mode to give your account the administrative privilege it needs to download and install the program you want. Remember though, that your account may need to remain with administrative privileges in order for you to use the program that you intend to install...if this is anything that may get sniffed out by your employer and get you in trouble, I wouldn't risk it.

What program is it that you want to install? Must be risky if you're trying to do this without permission from your employer, eh? Or are you the employer?

Good luck and be safe,
    It's really just a CD from my new phone (blackjack). I want to sync my phone so i can acess the email and the easiet way is to install the CD.

I'm a manager here and i thought i wouldn't have a problem but they have me locked!

it's window's and when i boot the CD it says i don't have the rights to install

Sounds like you will need to get permission from your employer to do this...

Good luck,

Thread Information