Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member

cyber-rights VS. hushmail

Which one is better? What are the differences. Please explain in idiot terms. I dont know diddley s**t about computers. Thanks, Dobie

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Both are services that offer it's users an encrypted email address...using services such as these is the safest way to communicate via email if you are concerned that your emails may potentially be intercepted or hacked.

Personally, I use hushmail, but I think both services are just as effective as the other.

bigdog81 is offline Member
    either one is great... i use hushmail. and have so forever now with no problems or issues..
    u cant be too safe these days

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If I am not mistaken, they are both owened by the same company. Cyber-rights = hushmail vice - versa
    abstrack@protonmail.com

daytrader is offline Member
    Theres a rumor going that hushmail may be working with uncle sam.. anyone else heard this?

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daytrader
    Theres a rumor going that hushmail may be working with uncle sam.. anyone else heard this?
    Bump, I havnt heard this, but its a scary idea.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    If it was 94% of us would be arrested

daytrader is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    If it was 94% of us would be arrested
    Imnot kidding bro, supposidly its in the works.. I read it on a VERY reputable board from a very reputable bro (can i say the name)?

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    (can i say the name)?
    NO, keep it to PM please.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    i have heard that for years, if they want to grt you they will get you.end of story.

as for which account to use they merged and off different strengths

Cyber-Rights.Net launched

------- Forwarded message follows ------- Date sent: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:14:17 +0000 From: "Yaman Akdeniz" <[email protected]> Subject: Cyber-Rights.Net launched To: [email protected] Send reply to: [email protected]

We have just launched a new project which offers free and secure web based e-mail to any Internet user. This is based upon the Hushmail technology and Hush Communications is supporting us. I would appreciate if you can circulate this widely. I would also appreciate any comments that you may have as we will continue to develop the site.

All the best,

Yaman

New Campaign: Cyber-Rights.Net offers free secure web based e-mail with Hush Comms

CYBER-RIGHTS.NET PRESS RELEASE

Cyber-Rights.Net Forms Alliance with Hush Communications to offer HushMail Private Label to Internet users.

Leeds, UK & Dublin, Ireland-(01, November 2000) Cyber-Rights & Cyber - Liberties (UK) have partnered with Hush Communications to campaign against the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIP) 2000, which passed into law on October 24th of this year. The Regulation of Investigatory Powers (RIP) Act outlines the extended reach of the UK government?s law enforcement and security agencies in regards to the monitoring and interception of communications across the Internet, and government access to encryption keys. Similar proposals are currently being discussed by the Council of Europe which would give law enforcement agencies extended powers and capabilities for Internet monitoring in more than 40 countries.

In an effort to raise public awareness of these important policy issues and to encourage Internet users to use secure communications, Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK) are launching the Cyber-Rights.Net project. The pro ject offers Internet users HushMail Private Label, an encrypted email solution, that employs Hush?s patent-pending Hush Encryption Engine. With HushMail Private Label, Cyber-Rights.Net will be able to offer its visitors a nd users end-to-end secure email through, http://www.cyber-rights.net. HushMail Private Label fully integrates Hush?s roaming key pair management technology into the Cyber-Rights.Net system enabling its users to send and receive secure mail from any location with access to the Internet throughout the world.

Mr. Yaman Akdeniz, Director, Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK) stated:

"Both the Website and project promote privacy of communications and hope to raise awareness for security on the Internet. In the absence of clearly defined conditions and safeguards protecting the privacy of communication s in homes and in working environments, it is time for the individual to take action and protect their communications. Cyber-Rights.Net will be an additional tool for concerned Internet users when securing their communica tions."

Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK) is dedicated to the promotion of secure and private communications over the Internet and has been influential in the national and international policy making process.

Jon Matonis, CEO of Hush Communications said, "We are excited to be a part of the Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties project. HushMail Private Label will offer Cyber-Rights.Net users the most secure and user-friendly email so lution available on the market today. From everyday Internet users to legal and medical professionals, Hush protects online communications."

>From its inception, Hush Communications has been dedicated to the
    >privacy rights. The company?s core technology was specifically
    >developed to protect the communications and transactions of anyone
    >with access to the Intern
    et. While Hush offers a variety of products and services for sale, its flagship product, HushMail.Com (www.hushmail.com), provides fully encrypted, Web-based email, free of charge, to the general public. Hush posts its so urce code for review and download at www.hush.ai.
    About Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK)

Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK) (http://www.cyber-rights.org), is a non-profit organisation established to protect the interests of all honest, law abiding Internet users with the aim of promoting free speech and priv acy on the Internet. It was founded in 1997 and has been actively involved with the Internet policy-making process of the UK government, the European Union, Council of Europe, OECD, and the United Nations.

About Hush Communications Corporation

Hush is the premier provider of encryption products and services in the secure communications industry. The company?s SDK, Software Developer Kit, allows other Web-based infrastructure companies and application providers to design product and service offerings that utilise the Hush Key Server Network. Hush has strategic alliances with Netsmart (www.netsmart.com), NetNation Communications (www.netnation.com) and Security Portal (www.securi typortal.com), and its investors include OffRoad Capital Corporation (www.offroadcapital.com). Hush Communications is the leading market share for encryption key management services and has users in every country in the w orld. Hush Communications Corporation is a U.S. company with subsidiary companies located in Dublin, Ireland; Salt Lake City, Utah; and Austin, Texas and is the provider of HushMail.Com, HushMail Private Label, and HushPO P with worldwide headquarters based in Dublin, Ireland.

Contact Details

Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK)

Mr. Yaman Akdeniz, Director, Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK) Url: http://www.cyber-rights.org E-mail: [email protected] Tel: +44 (0)7798 865116

Dr. Louise Ellison, ***uty Director, Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK) Tel: +44 (0) 118 9875123 (ext. 7507) E-mail: [email protected]

Hush Communications

Genevieve Van Cleve Ciara Hudson

22 Upper Pembroke St. Dublin 2, Ireland Phone: +353-1-241-0367 Fax: +353-1-241-0370 [email protected] [email protected] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mr. Yaman Akdeniz, Director, Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK) URL: http://www.cyber-rights.org E-mail: [email protected] Tel: +44 (0)7798 865116

Read the CR&CL (UK) Reports at: http://www.cyber-rights.org/reports/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

------- End of forwarded message -------

Zurück

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    If you are concerned about hush or cyber then there are other companies that provide secure emails.

-Gear

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    it doesnt matter what uncle sam wants to do, the 1024 bit encryption that stuff uses is virtually unbreakable. it would take the fastest computers in the world many years, possibly decades to break it.

it even says on the site that if a judge issued a court order demanding your email from hushmail/cyber-rights the best they could do would turn over an encrypted version of your email.

chest6 is offline Banned
    In another forum bumping a 3 week old thread would be frowned upon, but since this one doesn't get as many hits, I will do so

To my knowledge- hacking into hushmail/cyber rights doesnt have to do with hacking into the system, but rather trying to gather the user's password from the computer in which the user has..

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    In another forum bumping a 3 week old thread would be frowned upon, but since this one doesn't get as many hits, I will do so

To my knowledge- hacking into hushmail/cyber rights doesnt have to do with hacking into the system, but rather trying to gather the user's password from the computer in which the user has..
    Therein lies a good point. While the email is secure as far as the encryption goes, if uncle sam has your password they have your email if there is any saved. Even if its backed up to tape/disc somewhere with hushmail, they could restore it and using a password for your account read it.

There are so many variables in the security game, that no one offering a service like hushmail can guarentee your safety. They can take every REASONABLE step to ensure it, but they cannot say with 100% certainty you are safe.

eliteforce is offline Member
    why can't you freken search on CRights? what good is 250mb of storage if you can't search through your old email?

funny... that is a theory that i was thinking of the other day when i noticed that a lot of scources seem to just use hushmail and no other encrypted email...i mean how the hell would we know whats real from not.

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    I heard that they keep everything for 5 years,so what ever you are done on hushmail 5 years ago still in record.

LPR.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    i love hushmail...

Thread Information