Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Best program for Internet/Computer Security???

anyone know of a good program that will erase your history, delete cookies, keep hackers out, etc. I can get most anything for free off kazaa, so i figure what the f*ck...any suggestions will be appreciated

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    well to keep hackers out get zone alarm its a simple but effective firewall
    (assuming you have broadband, dialup peeps dont need it)

as for erasing stuff off your computer i havent found a good program that is cracked correctly.

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member
    I just got one of the Norton packages. Has the firewall, antivirus and clean sweep for the stuff you mentioned. Heard Window Washer works good to.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    cool..bump

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Hey just a questions for all you computer guys... I have norton internet security on my PC.... Lately I've been getting a warning about someone trying to access the backdoor on my PC the warning states it's a trojan horse program.... how serious is this?

I'm not sure what it means... Is it a remote user trying to hack into my computer? And what happens how screwed would I be? So far the Norton program works great and blocks access....

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    I dont' like the norton security packages since they waste WAY too much of your memory and CPU. I use zone alarm and for history, just goto your tools>internet options>and delete your history.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Trojans are very serious. Bump for you bro.

Aragorn

Yeah that's what I thought.... I just don't understand why this just started happening over the last couple of weeks.... Seems like it always happens when I'm signed on to AR too... If you guys have any idea let me know...

Hey buff check out this thread it may help if you haven't already come across it yet.

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...threadid=26663

Aragorn

Thanks brother....

Anytime.

Aragorn

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I would just by a Linksys router or any other router that has the ability to use NAT. The NAT will hide the computers address from the net.

A lot of these software programs are good but they can slow down your machine.

bedrocked is offline Junior Member
    a simple router will do much wonders over a software firewall, and if you're networking computers (it's purpose) it's pretty handy 2 =p. as what was said above you're computer basically hides behinds the router and has an ** that is non existant to the internet. when someone tries to see you, they see you're router not you so there's no way to directly get to you without going thru the router.

a trojan backdoor is a program which someone can send to you and you accidentily install (usually via email attachment) which allows them 'backdoor' access to your computer. it's pretty much like locking all your windows and doors accept the doggy door for that particular hacker to come and go as he pleases (w/o you knowing).

depdaddy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    Hey just a questions for all you computer guys... I have norton internet security on my PC.... Lately I've been getting a warning about someone trying to access the backdoor on my PC the warning states it's a trojan horse program.... how serious is this?

I'm not sure what it means... Is it a remote user trying to hack into my computer? And what happens how screwed would I be? So far the Norton program works great and blocks access....
    same thing happens to me when im on AR..it always sais trojan hoarse program

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    if ya'll all really new about the net and how it wors you wouldnt be posting on here, but for the mean time get a norton program that closes all your portsand constantly update your microsoft programs

stryker is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I would just by a Linksys router or any other router that has the ability to use NAT. The NAT will hide the computers address from the net.

A lot of these software programs are good but they can slow down your machine.

What is a NAT

bluemofo4 is offline New Member
    NAT = Network Address Translation...and just as mud said, it will hide your machine(s) from the net. You can have one IP address public on the net, yet still run multiple machines in the background.

Also, I haven't seen this posted yet, but I'd also HIGHLY recommend running your windows update (in IE, tools-->windows update) and downloading the critical patches...hackers will definitely exploit these openings if your machine is not patched.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Rush
    anyone know of a good program that will erase your history, delete cookies, keep hackers out, etc. I can get most anything for free off kazaa, so i figure what the f*ck...any suggestions will be appreciated
    erase your history, delete cookies--clean disk security
    is a good prog it will even clean slack and free file space.
    as far as keeping hackers out if your running winxp
    just use a good virus scanner (norton) and keep up to date
    with the windows updates

Thread Information