Thread: mini lap top

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!

mini lap top

ok, i have narrowed it down to two choices

#1 - ASUS Eee PC 1000HA 10-Inch Netbook (1.6 GHz Intel ATOM N270 Processor, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, 10 GB E-Storage, XP Home, 6 Cell Battery) 315 bucks

and

#2 - HP Mini 1151NR Netbook, Mobile Broadband Built-In, 1 GB of RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, Intel® Atom™ N270, 1.6 GHz. 250 bucks

goal is to have traveling lap top, easy, light, cheap

act like i know nothing about computers, cause i dont

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Dumb question here , How well can you see the keys ? The workable keyboard gets my vote .
    I can't see like a young guy and have fat fingers !

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    both key boards are the same and work able...

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    ok, i have narrowed it down to two choices

#1 - ASUS Eee PC 1000HA 10-Inch Netbook (1.6 GHz Intel ATOM N270 Processor, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, 10 GB E-Storage, XP Home, 6 Cell Battery) 315 bucks

and

#2 - HP Mini 1151NR Netbook, Mobile Broadband Built-In, 1 GB of RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, Intel® Atom™ N270, 1.6 GHz. 250 bucks
    goal is to have traveling lap top, easy, light, cheap
    act like i know nothing about computers, cause i dont
    so the first one has a dif processor but both are 1.6

160 gb vrs 80 gb - hard drive

first one has some kind of e-storage

second one has mobile broadband

so, how do you chose? what does all this mean?

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good enough then. I have a cheap laptop . Bestbuy special . Only use for web and a few pictures stored . Only drawbacks is battery life . If I did over again I would check prices of accessories like ac adapter , extra battery . They seem to sell you decent base unit at cheap price and suck you in on case , warranty . Good luck .

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    First things first, what are you going to use it for on travels for?

dstate52 is offline New Member
    If i were you i'de probly go with the #1 but they both don't have the best battery life for Netbooks... The new Eee Pc has 2gig of ram which makes it alot easier to use more programs a without slow down. What are the types of programs you'll use? Also see if they are a 3cell or 6 cell battery. 6 cell on certain netbooks can get upwards to 8 hours. Both are the same processor so they'll work the same. Personally the best 10.1 inch you can by right now is Acer 10.1" Aspire One AOD150-1920 Red Netbook PC with Intel Atom Processor N270, 160GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, 6-Cell Battery. its $328. The 6 cell batteries are expensive if looking to by them by themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro View Post
    First things first, what are you going to use it for on travels for?
    email, face book, this site, power point presentations... web banking, maybe play a dvd in hotel room if able... and use to back up my cell

Quote Originally Posted by dstate52 View Post
    If i were you i'de probly go with the #1 but they both don't have the best battery life for Netbooks... The new Eee Pc has 2gig of ram which makes it alot easier to use more programs a without slow down. What are the types of programs you'll use? Also see if they are a 3cell or 6 cell battery. 6 cell on certain netbooks can get upwards to 8 hours. Both are the same processor so they'll work the same. Personally the best 10.1 inch you can by right now is Acer 10.1" Aspire One AOD150-1920 Red Netbook PC with Intel Atom Processor N270, 160GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, 6-Cell Battery. its $328. The 6 cell batteries are expensive if looking to by them by themselves
    good i will search that one... types of programs would be power point, word, email, and such...

would love to beable to record voice over the power point to do video and such...

and the first one has a 6 cell batt... 7 hours of play time

nice... and at walmart - i like it, great customer service

Acer 10.1" Aspire One AOD150-1920 Red Netbook PC with Intel Atom Processor N270, 160GB Hard Drive, Windows XP,

and that is why i truely love you guys

thebigguyy1 is offline Junior Member
    Just read your posting, and thought I would just throw a thought in here.

I have used both the HP and the ASUS Netbooks, and although it all depends on how you are going to use them, the ASUS was by far the better Netbook for me.

Being in the computer hardware business (my own company) I have had almost every make and model of laptop out there. Of course there are the occasional lemons out there (and each manufacturer has had their share of them), I have yet to run into an ASUS that has been troublesome.

HP is so-so and don't even get me started on Acer and their "PCI Resource Conflict" horror, but that is my opinion.

Good luck and research, research research!

Ron III---III

dstate52 is offline New Member
    Your biggest problem with watching movies with a netbook is that they usually don't have a cd drive to play disks so everythign needs to be digital. So if your trying to get movies you'de need to use a program called dvdshrink its a freeware. basically pop it in your regular computer use the software and it basically converts it to a digital copy, put it on a flash drive you can get a 8 or 16 gig fairly cheap looking around i usually get a lot of my stuff from newegg.com just put the file on the flash and you can watch it whenever or transfer it to the netbook. thats the only pain with them netbooks. I have the acer and my parents have the hp and eepc and i personally like the acer better. Its all whatever your looking for, but make sure you get a 6 cell battery because it really makes it worth it not worrying about battery. Also they also have other colors besides red for the Acer
    Last edited by dstate52; 07-02-2009 at 09:16 PM.

JCLadson is offline New Member
    I have a DELL I do all my work and homework on at home and then I have a HP MINI I take to classes with me..i love it

Thread Information