Papi93 is offline AR VET

PC Gaming Question

I have a Compaq Presario PC that I bought a little over a year ago. When I bought it, I didn't think I would get into gaming on a PC. Well, the Wii had The Force Unleashed but did not release The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition. The PC did however. I bought Star Wars The Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords first. After installing it, the game would not play. I think that I need to install a PCI or ACP graphics card. Before I purchase this card, can my Compaq be upgraded or should I have boughten a Dell PC instead last year?

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93 View Post
    I have a Compaq Presario PC that I bought a little over a year ago. When I bought it, I didn't think I would get into gaming on a PC. Well, the Wii had The Force Unleashed but did not release The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition. The PC did however. I bought Star Wars The Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords first. After installing it, the game would not play. I think that I need to install a PCI or ACP graphics card. Before I purchase this card, can my Compaq be upgraded or should I have boughten a Dell PC instead last year?
    More than likely it can... but I would need to know the model number so I could give you an idea of what can be done with it (have to research the specs)

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    I never had a problem running it on my computer. I played both but it is annoying if you don't have a good video card in any game these days. Also remember if you get a better card you might not have enough power to power it so you might also be looking at a new power supply unit.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Mate never buy brand name (store computers) espically if you want to do gaming.

List your specs and I or soul should be able to tell your what the minimum and recommended stats are to run the game.

Your best option if you ever do buy another PC get one built, but request for gaming and media purposes.

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    THere is nothing wrong for the average gamer to go with store bought, at most all of them are fast enough just don't have the gpu power to bang through them.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    You need to list system spec and or model for us to help.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro View Post
    THere is nothing wrong for the average gamer to go with store bought, at most all of them are fast enough just don't have the gpu power to bang through them.
    I disagree with u on so many levels. For one the video card these comp manufactures put in these PC is a joke

Secondly the CPU prob would be quick enough if your buying a intel i5 or i7
    (AMD well that is the consumers choice obviously)

Thirdly for the price u buy these comp's at, u could get 1 built to hit at least
    the recommended criteria for games possibly higher. These days, because
    these game companys are getting higher and higher in technology.
    The graphics cpu motherboard hdd space we need to run these games are
    insane at times.

Thread Information