eliteforce is offline Member

Software Equalizer

my old laptop had this software installed 'RealTek' equalizer-it improves the sound out of the speakers, especially for those of us who have dull sounding speakers..the software runs ontop of everything else and can be accessed from the system tray, that way you don't need to use players like winamp and for when your listening to something off the internet like radio; the new laptop has vista and i don't think the old realtek software works on vista..anyone have any suggestions for this type of software, when searching i see a few of them but most look like media players-which i don't want, i want just the EQ.

i'd appreciate if someone knows anything off the top of their head thx

shredhead is offline New Member
    Realtek makes the sound chip in your old laptop, the software you described was actually accessing EQ hardware built-into that chip. Most soundcards have equalization built-in, go to the control-panel/sound applet and check your new laptop. This is the best way to go since then you're not slowing down your processor (albeit only slightly) to process the sound.

If you want to try an independent EQ program tho, there are loads of them: Blaze Audio WebEQ, Sound Control, Aqualizer, Mequalizer etc.

eliteforce is offline Member
    thx

nicole61 is offline New Member
    Hello

This is Nicole and am new to this forum.In one post I saw the word as Real Tek.
    What is the RealTek?
    Am interesting to know about it...
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Discover the hidden source of targeted traffic that unearths eager buying customers, drives them straight to your site, and literally explodes your profits almost overnight at just simple click unique article wizard.

tubmanaxton is offline New Member
    That may depend on the card.

I remember that Diamond sound cards had an EQ in the drivers accessible when you open the Sound/volume section of the control panel.

zabster151 is offline Member
    if you get the newest drivers from the manufactures web site for free. it will have an eq in the new driver.

Thread Information