xibalba is offline New Member

guys how can i update my drivers

so i had to reinstall windows 7 and i wiped my comp. everything is running fine alough i have no sound. can i download free software that will update it for me? i live in the uk not sure if that makes a dif.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    look for a program called "Uniblue Driver Scanner" that might help

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    There Are programs you can get from torrent sites

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Easiest thing to do is to first is try and run windows update and see if windows picks it up. It should unless its a old sound card. If that doesnt work go into device manager:

Click the Start button to view the Start Menu and then choose the Control Panel option.
    Now click the System and Security link from this window.
    Click on the Device Manager and window opens up.

You see under sound a yellow exclamation next to the hardware that doesn't have a driver. If there isn't a yellow exclamation then its probably not a driver issue.

Do you know what make/model the sound card is ?

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Your computer should have come with a driver disc from the factory. If you can't find it, or it didn't come with one (some make you buy the disc now)...your PC maker's website will have them available for download in the Support section.

scottdavis is offline Banned

drivr updating applications

Hi,

u can try driver updating softwares Driver Detective, Driver Agent, Advanced Driver Optimizer they give you the latest updates 4 ur drivers so u dnt hve to search them.

I use Advanced Driver Optimizer as I just need to click single button to update all my drivers.

May be it can help u also
    you can download it from (www.driveroptimizer.com)

zabster151 is offline Member
    goto manufacture of your product they will give you the best driver for your operating system. but you said you are runnig win 7 and that Op should pick up most hardware and if lagit copy you should be able to find updates through win updates hit me up if probly still resides

BigTuk is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Easiest thing to do is to first is try and run windows update and see if windows picks it up. It should unless its a old sound card. If that doesnt work go into device manager:

Click the Start button to view the Start Menu and then choose the Control Panel option.
    Now click the System and Security link from this window.
    Click on the Device Manager and window opens up.

You see under sound a yellow exclamation next to the hardware that doesn't have a driver. If there isn't a yellow exclamation then its probably not a driver issue.

Do you know what make/model the sound card is ?
    That is exactly what I had to do last month and it took care of everything!!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTuk View Post
    That is exactly what I had to do last month and it took care of everything!!
    Perfect, after reading this that was the only solution that was/is correct. All those garbage programs that auto detect your drivers are nothing more than spyware and will eventually slow down your PC.

Good job DSM

sharetips033 is offline New Member
    I used to try and download all my drivers manually. But then I discovered there was software available which can scan your system and update all your drivers automatically. The whole process takes only a few minutes.
    IIntraday Tips Free
    Commodity Tips Free Trial India

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    the driver update programs are garbage stay away from them,

The program doesn't know if it is finding the correct one and many times will cause issues because it forces incorrect drivers.

zabster151 is offline Member
    always always always just goto the manufactures web site. download the drivers you need. you do not need anything special or have a special program they are all scams. pm me if anyone needs help.

Thread Information