zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation

Virus...Lil Help Please...

Just developed a virus last night...not sure if cuz daughter was playing vid games i dont usually see her play...she usually stays on facebook and plays those games within fb.

but was getting pop up balloon saying system tool warning click to resolve..i ignored many times to try to restore function trying to go into system /computer/os and properties to defrag, etc. whatever i could think of...the virus seemed to block this function as well...i couldnt get past the opening page of my browser(firefox) and couldnt even load internet explorer..now stuck on desktop with blue black ground with numbers 110110 ALL OVER the screen(background) and large red and white letters reading WARNING! YOURE IN DANGER YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED WITH SPYWARE! ETC. ETC. but i cant even leave that screen now.

Please any advice?

thanks

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    Restart your computer and press f8 to go into safe mode with networking, that should be able to get it working decently enough to download malware bytes and do a scan to remove the infections. Let me know if you need this explained a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro View Post
    Restart your computer and press f8 to go into safe mode with networking, that should be able to get it working decently enough to download malware bytes and do a scan to remove the infections. Let me know if you need this explained a bit better.
    man much appreciate...i had to turn it off with the on/off button and am at password now i'm going to have to check and see if i restart b4 password of was hitting that button like restarting it...i'm not sure if i know how to do the scan u mention either ...is that like i was trying with the defrag and disk clean up? and wut malware bytes? just type that in browser if i can get to browser?
    thanks again

couldnt hit f8
    and didnt need to...the computer was off for several hours when i rebooted it was a tad slow but is running...can you talk me thru the malware download process

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Download the free version to your desktop, run and install the program. After installed open the program and do a scan

swllce is offline Associate Member
    These type of spywares are often Trojans .They enter your computer pretending to be a friendly windows software .as soon as you hit any button it will download.
    Setting a new restore piont will sometimes help( system restoration)This restores your computer to an earlier date before you where hit with the virus.
    Some viruses are smarter than that though ,they some how linger by staying in a hidden file or cookie.Most modern computers have a program tat will restore the computer back to its original factory condition.
    That option always works.All files and pictures documents get wiped out though ,so they will have to be backed up on a portable drive.Google your computer model, to find out how to reset it .It takes about 10 minutes.
    That is if nothing else works.

jnewton86 is offline Member
    Run malwarebytes in safe mode with networking, if that doesn't work run combofix. If that doesn't work, looking at a reload of the OS.

Phosphor is offline Junior Member
    I have had some instances where i had to wipe and reload the os because the malware was so deeply rooted no matter what I did. Sometimes a reload will be just what the doctor ordered to get back the performance that once was. I always have autobackup software running each night to mirror important documents and family items to another system. I use Acronis to make an OS install as easy as pushing the power button.

thanks alot

since yesterday after i had the computer off for several hours i rebooted and there were zero problems whatsoever

Thread Information