stpete is offline Banned

Help unlock my phone!!

Bought a couple phones thru Metro PCS (florida based) and now we need to change providers. The problem, they say that we can keep the phones, but when it's time to switch over, they say that they can't and we need to buy one of their phones.

These phones are very sentimental to my wife and i. Hate to let them go. I went and bought us other phones for the interim, but we really want to use one of our several wedding gifts to each other.

Please help...Thanks everyone!!!

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Since they are Metro PCS you'd only be able to flash them to Sprint or Boost Mobile in some cases. They are CDMA phones meaning they are not compatible with GSM providers, which most are.

stpete is offline Banned
    Thanks Nooomoto...But Sprint wouldn't even attempt it. Oh well, my wife just bought us some new ones. Next time, i'll keep all this in mind!!

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Thanks Nooomoto...But Sprint wouldn't even attempt it. Oh well, my wife just bought us some new ones. Next time, i'll keep all this in mind!!
    Yeah they wouldn't know how. Its a very long and involved process. Definitely not for the faint of heart or the non tech savvy, especially when the phones were bought at full price.

Thread Information