Thread: i2p and top/vpn

DanB is offline Banned

i2p and top/vpn

as the title says is it anonymous? they have various messaging service on i2p, are they secure when used via vpn and/or tor?

now i aint talking about national secrets but could the average le use it as evidence?

damn app, title should say tor not top lol
    Last edited by DanB; 04-22-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Just use your VPN and then use email if its not that sensitive. Otherwise, there are other forms of chat you can use. Skpe, IRC channels too. But the feds can subopena Skype and raid the IRC servers if they're located in the USA or they have jurisdiction.

Use a foreign email client.

Your VPN is your best form of remaining anonymous. They can be bought wihtout giving real details and using a pre-paid CC in a fake name.

Check yourself - http://www.ip-score.com/checkip

It will also check Java, other scripts, TCP, UDP packets to see if they reveal your real IP. Flash API will also reveal your real IP if the person wanting to find you looks hard enough or you log onto a site that wants that data. My advice? Turn it off. I don't know what browser you use, but some are more vulnerable than others.
    Last edited by Swifto; 04-23-2012 at 04:13 PM.

DanB is offline Banned
    Thanks mate, I'm away at the minute, so will look into

Didnt know I could do that, well i knew I could check it but didnt know that I could do an detailed check like that

I'm still new to this type of communication, but have half an idea of what I need to do, just want to make sure I dont make any rookie errors along the way

And can it be as simple as a VPN and hushmail? I already have both, well several email a/c but thought I needed to go further, I2P mail a/c etc but I guess they cant actually pin anything to you even if they intercept it and break the encryption

I may have a pm on this next week for you but if not thanks for the help, I may of been going a little too far with my orginal plans lol

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    Thanks mate, I'm away at the minute, so will look into

Didnt know I could do that, well i knew I could check it but didnt know that I could do an detailed check like that

I'm still new to this type of communication, but have half an idea of what I need to do, just want to make sure I dont make any rookie errors along the way

And can it be as simple as a VPN and hushmail? I already have both, well several email a/c but thought I needed to go further, I2P mail a/c etc but I guess they cant actually pin anything to you even if they intercept it and break the encryption

I may have a pm on this next week for you but if not thanks for the help, I may of been going a little too far with my orginal plans lol
    Don't use hushmail.com for anything other than communication. The Feds have a master key and can decrypt all data sent.

Use your VPN (hide yourself), then use regular mail. Even better if the mail account is registered overseas, or out of the country you're in jurisdiction.

Russie
    Ukraine
    Panama
    China
    Switzerland (kinda)
    Sweden (kinda)

Are good idea's. Use their email account servers and change them every 4-8 weeks. I don't know what you're doing online...

There are plenty of VPN providers that do not log any data, even connecting IPs and if they hold them for a few days. Don't use a USA VPN or Hidemyass in the UK. Or a UK VPN to be honest.

The PM system of boards (the big one's) are located in the USA. All the feds needs to do is subopena the server and bang, they have all the data they want. Vbulletin does not encrypt PM's at present and even if they did, there would be backdoor I'm sure.

Thread Information