Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I Hack for a living

GeoBuilder is offline Junior Member
    I fall into the script kiddies category :/ lol I'm not proud of that but I can safely say I am more informed than 90% of the losers that walk into the store I work at . I am very interested in learning about pen testing and career options as the whole geology job search is going horrible. Would it be useful to pursue a 4year degree in computer engineering or science? Or a 2-year?

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by blindralfie View Post
    Wow, I was about to get involved until I read peterjonesca's last post..im def a tech guy and know how to wire shark and track an ip, but he just brought it to another level.
    I love talking tech but sometimes the upper tier advanced guru's just blow my mind. Haha
    He's simply explaining the latest Cisco procedures for getting certified that's all. And pointed out that a few of the OP.s certifications are obsolete.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoBuilder View Post
    I fall into the script kiddies category :/ lol I'm not proud of that but I can safely say I am more informed than 90% of the losers that walk into the store I work at . I am very interested in learning about pen testing and career options as the whole geology job search is going horrible. Would it be useful to pursue a 4year degree in computer engineering or science? Or a 2-year?
    Computer science degree looks good on paper. You'll learn the fundamentals about why what your coding works the way it does. What a stack is, what the heap is, all the basic architectures, terminology. Not useless by any means but if your like me and have been farting around with computers since the 80.s then you already know all of that. When you know which branch you want to go down such as database administrator, programmer, networking etc. those classes are where you get real world applicable knowledge. Regardless, once you actually start practicing your art in the real world your true education begins.

You do need that fundamental background though.

Pittsburgh412 is offline Banned
    It seems as if almost half the posts on this forum are derogatory in some manor like the guy jumped down the op's throat so fast it was ridiculous

laser is offline Junior Member
    Keep up the good work, and one day when you sit down at your desk, check under your chair, you may find a pie, and a bottle of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoBuilder View Post
    Everything you just said does not relate. Scripts is old news, now if you would have said spider, or mining it would have been more interesting.

mario_ps2 is offline Associate Member
    I have a bachelors in Computer Science but currently I'm working in the Education Field. I know some tricks here and there but in no way do I consider myself a hacker.

Quote Originally Posted by 21yearsold View Post
    I mean it. I hack all types of people. I've been hired as a bounty hunter and sec analyst by the gov't, stock brokers, banks and other organizations to pen-test their own systems and hack competitors. I do what I love and love what I do. Kind of redundant but redundancy is good in Sec...

So I'm posting here because I know a lot of people have an interest in this sort of work. Questions, offers/bargains and other types of discussion is what this thread is for...

Also to see if we can breathe some life into this side of the forums .

I am:

CCNA; CCNP; CCNA-V; CISSP

You state that you bounty hunt, is it sleuth stuff?. Also you stated that you hack competitors? Working for the GOV as you stated, are you hacking to gain insider info? Against your competitors, is it such as Contract Bid information?.....Just reading your post, I do not know you, but debate is good.

From watching the news, any high level Data Analyst would have at least 5 spooks watching you at all times, and a handler guiding your every move. One person on TV Documentary interview, said he even found a wireless camera in his toilet.

At least you have come clean about what, and how you operate....... I will also be upfront, I just hope you learn to quit abusing your skills. What comes around goes around, you may think your hacking, but there is always a bigger picture, and may find yourself on the inside looking out. You could very well be in the box that is inside a box, that is inside a box.
    Good Luck

I guess we all sometime or another watch documentaries. As per the News, media interviews etc, Most of the Really big time hackers ended up working for the GOV, because they all got caught. Then they back stab ALL their friends, to keep outa jail....then they get on other sites to bait, and hook.

If you have skills that is fine, although in the industry. "CCNA; CCNP; CCNA-V; CISSP" does NOT impress anyone with True Theoretical thought processing skills. Yes, this is the true area that one needs to advance to a very high level, which is not found in just memorizing answers to some test questions. Plus I did not read your field training, or about your programming skills, or even how you helped someone.
    Do not end up being inside the aquarium.....use your skills to help people.

Quote Originally Posted by mario_ps2 View Post
    I have a bachelors in Computer Science but currently I'm working in the Education Field. I know some tricks here and there but in no way do I consider myself a hacker.
    Yeah, I hear you. I personally never considered myself a hacker. I enjoyed theory, and helping people along the way. Years ago, I would give the option for network classes, and Always urged everyone to take a continuing education computer class. Then I had surgery secondary to an injury in the Army. It was a long surgery, and had memory loss. Most of it was in the Technical info. That is why I am glad for helping, and teaching others along the way...that alone is a Great achievement, and will never be lost.

These so called hackers need to realize all they are doing is creating an obvious cycle. They are helping to take our everyday rights away, stripping us of our Constitutional rights. Fueling, and giving reason to the powers that be, to watch everyone, in the name of safety. Usually, when they get caught, they run, go into hiding. I see both sides, but they have not, and not helping, when we loose our Constitutional rights. Also now the term Hacker is not good.......use to a hacker would do good deeds, not anymore. Ask yourself who are these hackers....Really who do they work for.
    With all this stuff going on in the Media, why would a hacker come on this site, and claim to be a hacker?

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    I really don't want to get this forum shut down *sighs* but who here has heard of project "Blackbriar"?
    HGH4Lymes likes this.

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    And though "Scripting" may be "old news", if you don't know how to build reliable, cross-platform, library-free, scripting solutions, my friend, you don't have a future.. Unless you work for Google, MS, or Apple in one of their dungeon, black holes...

Scripting goes beyond any IDE.. It really is where innovation, creativity, ingenuity all meet. I would go as far as stating where real projects are born and escalated to R&D in a higher level language of any sort.. And I do speak from experience!

If I would speak my opinion, I would advice the following: start at scripting! Learn the basics. Get acquainted with how information/data is handled and interpreted in a digital environment. THEN, learn about the silicone (yes, about 1s and 0s and what make this work inside that shell you call a computer), and lastly dig deeper into higher level languages (C, Java, C++) these are your RGB palette of the programming world. Finally, then, after many nights and sweats of frustration laden attempts, move to the next level of freak! Like everything in life is

bmx8 is offline New Member
    Id love to chat - i have a possible project for you to test

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information