jarrett is offline Senior Member

cyber-rights 128 bit encrypition

had a friend design a program to unencript 128 bit encrytion takes up to 2 weeks to uncode, just thought i would mention this in here

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrett
    had a friend design a program to unencript 128 bit encrytion takes up to 2 weeks to uncode, just thought i would mention this in here
    Scary, but unfortunately 128 bit encryption isn't very strong. Have him try to crack some 256 bit encryption. Still props for the software he made!

Peace,
    CC

One of my buds is currently doing his phd in reverse cryptology at MIT... lots of work for certain fed. agencies who will remain nameless...

Some of the things he was allowed to tell me were downright scary... I don't even want to know about the classified stuff!

Suffice to say, throw away "consumer grade" encryption programs like c-right and PGP... they won't keep big brother out of your computer!

Red

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Suffice to say, throw away "consumer grade" encryption programs like c-right and PGP... they won't keep big brother out of your computer!

Red
    Well that sucks...

realityarts is offline Member
    The best form of encryption is cerebral memory and the desire and power to never divulge what it contains.

For matter that the above technique is not suited for, I recommend containers that are encrypted (min. 256-bit) multiply times and hidden within other files, and hidden from viewing with normal utilities. Have no trace of encryption use anywhere (no taskbar icons, no folders...).

Use long phrases for passcodes that do not contain any dictionary words -- use high ascii characters, numbers, symbols and mixed-case alpha characters.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    guys encription is a misleading situation. If you are using encription on hushmail, which you think is secure right? Well sure it is. However, if you do a search on some of my posts about how FBI and DEA are using keyloggers and different programs to by pass encription techniques, really honestly it is no different than using a hotmail account.
    Here is an interesting read about how the FBI is getting around this sort of thing.
    http://www.wired.com/news/conflict/0,2100,48648,00.html
    Now do you feel safe?

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    So what do people like you and me do. I am no computer wiz, nor have the time to set up elaborate self destruct systems, nor secret hidden files. I know how to delete, pretty much it?

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rxarms
    So what do people like you and me do. I am no computer wiz, nor have the time to set up elaborate self destruct systems, nor secret hidden files. I know how to delete, pretty much it?
    There is really nothing you can do, if the government wants to know what you are doing, then they can easily find out. only advice I can give you is be very careful.

Thread Information