hoss827 is offline Banned

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have this virus that is annoying the bloody-hell out of me. Pretty much, whenever I open my internet explorer it will stay open for a minute or so, then just close. Sometimes it does this just when I open it and click the "STOP" button on the browser. Its becoming very annoying....Can anyone please help me out on this???

mass junkie is offline banned
    Do you have any sort of antivirus software on your comp...........You should..........I really dont know what to do for you bro.........maybe one of the other bro on here will....

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I did have PCcillan 2003...but it just ah, dissapeared for some reason :-/. And I was actually planning on downloading as much antivirus software I possibly could, but with no browser...well. . Right now I'm on a school PC with cable modem...that will keep me post-whorin for the time being .

critter is offline Junior Member

Are You A JOKE?

I first see a post about you wanting help on how to hack a server then you have a little problem w/ IE you cant figure out.. WTF .. honestly you are a joke-- here is what i would do if i were you.. DROP IE and goto www.mozilla.org and get a light weight browser calleed FIREBIRD --- its a FAST browser and by default it has pop up protection etc.etc. there other browser/web suite Mozilla is good as well, i just prefer lighter programs.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by critter
    I first see a post about you wanting help on how to hack a server then you have a little problem w/ IE you cant figure out.. WTF .. honestly you are a joke-- here is what i would do if i were you.. DROP IE and goto www.mozilla.org and get a light weight browser calleed FIREBIRD --- its a FAST browser and by default it has pop up protection etc.etc. there other browser/web suite Mozilla is good as well, i just prefer lighter programs.
    LOL maybe he got it from downloading some of those hacking tools/software. Most of that chit is loaded with backdoors and are virures and backdoor trojans themselves. I don't trust any hacking tool unless I can read the code and see exactly what the programmer is trying to accomplish. I give you an example. I downloaded a port scanner just to test to see how secure a friends computer was from my home. as soon as I started installing it my virus scanner came up and told me that an "ocx" file was considered a backdoor trojan while installing the software. The programmer had hid the file so well in his extractor exe build, luckly my virus scanner caught it as soon as the file tried to install itself. Just goes to show you, that one can never be to careful what he downloads and installs on his computer. Really kind of scarey when you think about it. Hell Norton Internet security caused my VPN to stop working. Even after I uninstalled it, my VPN still wouldn't work. Had to completely reinstall my OS, and left crappy norton off my system. Needless to say my VPN works like a charm now.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    I have this virus that is annoying the bloody-hell out of me. Pretty much, whenever I open my internet explorer it will stay open for a minute or so, then just close. Sometimes it does this just when I open it and click the "STOP" button on the browser. Its becoming very annoying....Can anyone please help me out on this???

Give us more info so we can better help you fix the problem. What type of computer do you have? Do you have a lot of software, or files you need backed up? What has changed i.e. what software has been installed, or removed etc since the IE problem started? The quick fix might be to do what the critter recommended.

Peace,

CC

Thread Information