Tock is offline Anabolic Member

SpyWiper browser hijacker problem . . .

Anyone have any experience removing a browser-hijacker? Dunno where I got it from, but something called "SpyWiper" seizes control of my PC when I fire it up, and every time I clear the pop-ups, it re-seizes control with more pop-ups. It says I have to download (and then later pay $30) their software to "eliminate all those irritating pop-up screens." Yah . . . I'd like to wring their rat-bastxxx necks . . .

The only way I can browse the net is if I manage to get into Outlook Express (the mail program), open my mail, and click on a url to open another browser window. Sheesh . . .

Anyway, can anyone recommend something to fix this?
    10,000 thanks,
    --Tock

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Take a look at this forum Tock, it makes an interesting read talk about agressive marketing. Another problem with this"program" you have is apparently it disables firewalls and virus scanners then pollutes your cookies and homepages and syht, good luck............Hitman

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Take a look at this forum Tock, it makes an interesting read talk about agressive marketing. Another problem with this"program" you have is apparently it disables firewalls and virus scanners then pollutes your cookies and homepages and syht, good luck............Hitman

I better put in the link eh......
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/rema...ty,1~mode=flat

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman

I better put in the link eh......
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/rema...ty,1~mode=flat
    ============

Thanks, I tried it and it didn't do much good. Read some other posts about this thing and it seems to be rather tricky . . .
    I found something called "Spybot" (some sort of freeware) and it seems to have fixed the problem . . . I rebooted 3 times, and so far, so good . . .

Thread Information