Thread: Please Help..

ItalianMuscle27 is offline Senior Member

Please Help..

I have a little problem that I cant figure out for the life of me. I was on the phone will Dell for 1 1/2 hours today, and the problem still exists. Here it is..

Everytime I boot up my computer I get this gray installation error box in the middle of my screen. It say top moxie installation error, then a link to a website to download it from. I uninstalled it from the desktop, and deleted the folder for it, then deleted it from Norton Anti Virus, and the Son of A B***H is still there. I even did a full system scan with norton and ran 3 different spy ware programs to get rid of it and no luck! If anyone of you could shed some light and help a brother out Id appreciate it.

X..

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    This is the first time I have ever heard of something like this. If all else fails....Backup your stuff and reformat!

I figured it out, just did a norton scan, and sure enough 4 viruses! I deleted them, and rebooted my computer, and sure enough I got that F****R!

X..

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    run the virus scan again and all the spyware software too.

phreezer is offline Respected Member
    Sometimes it is necessary to turn off system restore, and restart in safe mode.. then run liveupdate for norton (or whatever antivirus program you use) and do a full system scan.. A lot of times this is the only way to get rid of the virus..

To run XP in safe mode:

Click "start"

Click: "run"

type: msconfig

click tab: "BOOT.INI

Check the Box labeled "/safeboot"

click: ok

Then right click My Computer go to properties

click the system restore tab

Then click the "turn off system restore"

Shut down and restart.. You will be in safe mode.. and you will need to access your antivirus program from the program menu under the start tab.

Thanks again for the great advice. I now do a virus and spy scan once a week. Its a shame all them F****RS' out there want to destroy everyones computer. Ive been getting quite a few of them attachment emails with viruses attached to them. Once you open it up, your screwed. They ususally have some kind of saying in the title like Hi!, and then when you open it, it will have something written twice like..

We Need Your Help
    We Need Your Help

Like I said dont open attachment, or you will get a virus..

X..

Thread Information