Symian is offline Member

How do I get around admin functions at work?

I just want to install a program or two, and it wont let me without admin password. It's windows 2000...does anyone have any ideas?

Sym

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    That's the whole reason of admin passwords...is to stop people from "customizing" their computer.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Sometimes if your able to get into dos before booting your able to install it if the security isnt up the ass..

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    You make friends with someone in your IT departement...

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    Sometimes if your able to get into dos before booting your able to install it if the security isnt up the ass..
    Today's software is too hard to install from DOS.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    It can be done.... And there are a lot of different ways to do it, but I am not sure it would be worth the hassle, not to mention it could cost you your job just to install a few programs. You might ask your net admin if he would either install the programs you request, or grant you access to install them yourself. Usually the smaller the network, the eaiser it is to be granted access. The main factor would be the type of network enviroment you are working in, and how restrictive the network is required to be. If it is any type of file sharing forget it.

Later,

CC

Symian is offline Member
    Hell, I work at a gym. So it's not like some big corp. or something. BUT, as cool as my manager is, she's real wierd about the computers becuase of past problems. She chews my ass every time she finds one of my floppies in the drive. All I want to do is install a music program and the plug-n-play data transfer cord so I can burn CDs onto my MiniDisc. Thanks for the replies, though.

Sym

SwampGator is offline New Member
    ERD Commander If you can the computer to boot from a cd this software will boot your pc and allow you to change the admin password to what ever you want it to be. If you have a good admin he will notice sooner than later and change it back, but until then you will have full admin rights to the box. Let me know how it turns out for ya.

Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I got a sure fire way to do it. Download a trojan program.... (Netbus/Sub7/BO) there are all kinds of them..... what you are going to want to do is patch the computer with the trojan... its not yours.. it wont hurt it... why should u care... it is the simplest way I know to crack into the Windows PWL(password location) files. Or you could avoid the whole trojan thing and just download something like jack the ripper who's entire purpose is for doing things like that. If its real important give me a PM bro ille talk you through it...

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Hero
    Yeah I got a sure fire way to do it. Download a trojan program.... (Netbus/Sub7/BO) there are all kinds of them..... what you are going to want to do is patch the computer with the trojan... its not yours.. it wont hurt it... why should u care... it is the simplest way I know to crack into the Windows PWL(password location) files. Or you could avoid the whole trojan thing and just download something like jack the ripper who's entire purpose is for doing things like that. If its real important give me a PM bro ille talk you through it...
    Dam, bro. This is old. But either way thanks for trying to help. I've been working there long enough to have all the passwords now, thanks.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Make nice with the IT guy

Oakley is offline Associate Member
    keep in mind that if there are alot of computers they all have the same password lie sysadmin or just admin since its hard enough to keep up with everyones problems the last thing they need is to remeber hard passwords. try typing in the most basic password for admin. i bet its really simple that way if something is found they know you dont have the password and therefor cant prove it was you.

max-it is offline Member
    If you want to crack an NT password you need to checkout a program called L0phtCrack. Tough to learn but once you get it you can really beat up the sam file.

LM1332 Guest
    this thread is 5 month old

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    The infamous ERD commander as said above is the ultimate tool, yet not for the inexperienced soul.

Thread Information