markas214 is offline Senior Member

Bush's speaking abilities

Anyone else notice how Bush explains the world. Iraq, the economy, jobs. etc. when giving his political speeches. He sounds like he's talking to 3 year olds. His tone and way of making it all seem so simple is insulting. During the last election his good ole boy remarks and demeanor at least made him seem likeable. Now he seems condescending as if people have no idea about the ways of the world and are ignorant. Of course he could just be talking that way to suit his audience who may not be able to think for themselves. Just in case Rush Limbaugh didn't explain it simple enough for them.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    David Letterman highlights some of those occasions . . . one time he gestured with his left hand, then his right hand while he said, ". . . some folks in government right hand don't know what their left hand is doing . . ."
    -Tock

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Have to say it, and I hate these anti Bush threads now. The guy comes accross as a complete idiot. I just hope he has the backbone to stick by his troops in Iraq now, strenghten their numbers, kickass and not leave behind a fragmented Iraq.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Have to say it, and I hate these anti Bush threads now. The guy comes accross as a complete idiot. I just hope he has the backbone to stick by his troops in Iraq now, strenghten their numbers, kickass and not leave behind a fragmented Iraq.
    i dont think he does. but i hope im wrong.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    It is his ideology that is important...not how me communicates..a carrier battle group means what it says!

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    bush is a smuck

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I just hope he has the backbone to stick by his troops in Iraq now, strenghten their numbers, kickass and not leave behind a fragmented Iraq.
    Unfortunately I think this is exactly what is going to happen. The June 30th date is unrealistic the way I see it.

I can't stand Bush but that aside, America as a hole (regardless of who is president) has a tendency to leave long before the project we started is complete.

D

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    his speaking abilities are bad for being the president,but for the most part,he a no b.s kind of pres,does basically what he says....just as a reminder,iraq and afgan r free countries cause of us, theres just always,always going to be ppl against that..

decadbal is offline Banned
    i for one am no bush fan..... i do think hes the best choice we have now for the coming prez..... so we are kinda stuck with him........ bc ill not be happy for a liberal or democrat in office.... we are screwed up enoug as is....

HyperSick is offline Associate Member
    He uses the most loaded language I've ever heard. He plays on people's fears and lies through his teeth about everything.

Every other word is "EVIL".

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Unfortunately I think this is exactly what is going to happen. The June 30th date is unrealistic the way I see it.

I can't stand Bush but that aside, America as a hole (regardless of who is president) has a tendency to leave long before the project we started is complete.

D

Thats because we do what the stupid crying liberals want. Anyone gets killed and they say we should pull out. They march and get on tv and say all kinds of stupid crap. They get all of the coverage because of the media bias. The pressure comes from the people. So all of you that said we need to go to war and get Saddam and now say it was a mistake. It will be your fault if we leave Iraq in shambles.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sepjuice
    his speaking abilities are bad for being the president,but for the most part,he a no b.s kind of pres,does basically what he says....just as a reminder,iraq and afgan r free countries cause of us, theres just always,always going to be ppl against that..
    iraq and afghanistan are not free countries. it is complete anarchy. there is no government, only guerilla warfare. peopel are not against having free countries, they are against us doing our job half-assed. everybody in washington knows it will take more troops to defuse this situation. so why arent there more troops? maybe because now that saddam is gone bush could care less about iraq.

it is not america's place to go pushing our political system on other countries. russia tried to do that and the US got pissed off. so why is it ok if we do it? im not saying sadam was a great leader, but it is not our place to just go overthrow governments anytime our president has a grudge.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Bush = Target practice that is able to talk in 4th grade reasoning.

~SC~

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    As long as he can say " Admiral..you may delpoy the group!" , and "No you dirty Bosniacs, we will not bomb the Serbs for protecting their families!", he has my vote.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperSick
    He uses the most loaded language I've ever heard. He plays on people's fears and lies through his teeth about everything.

Every other word is "EVIL".
    Sort'a like this..........

"Why, of course, the people don't want war," Goering shrugged. "Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship."

"There is one difference," I pointed out. "In a democracy the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars."

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

Taken from this site..

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/goering.htm

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    So it turns out that both Bush and vice President Cheny will talk to 9-11 investigative board together, although not under oath.
    Can anyone imagine Gore having to go anywhere with Clinton to make sure he keeps his story straight?
    Something tells me that after that meeting, Bush is gonna need shin bandages, 'cause Cheny is gonna be kicking him so many times under the table . . .

And then they struck a deal with Condeleeza Rice to get her to testify, with the deal being that the 9-11 board won't be able to ask anyone anything afterward that would challenge her statements.

The whole thing stinks to me . . .

-Tock

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sepjuice
    Free countries! Yeah right. We installed a leader in Afghan that's doing sh*t for them. Luckily he's approved our treaty to dig our oil lines that we couldn't secure before we took them over but that's just a coincidence. And Iraq, free? HAhahahahha. That was a joke right. I guess if be free you mean Saddam isn't in charge then you're right. Unfortunately that doesn't equate to free.

Thread Information