Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bertuzzi
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Crossfit and Cutting

crkr01 is offline New Member

Crossfit and Cutting

Crossfit and Cutting how do you find this ? what have you tried ? what worked what didn't ?

tried Clen and t3 whilst crossfitting no issues at all - ECA stack have found very difficult as it leaves you out of breath even on the smallest of wods

Alta is offline Associate Member
    I'm a total rookie to anabolics. That said I did a little 4 weeker of test and anavar , cleaned up my diet and added a few things to the workout.

On heavy weight days I would go in early and do 20 minutes of cardio, and a "traditional" workout (back/bi, chest/tri etc)

Heavy met/con days I would still go in early and just do weights.

Seemed to work for me. I leaned out SUPER fast (lost a few inches on the waist while maintaining my weight).

Probably going to run a 6 week test cycle and see what happens.

Trapology is offline Associate Member
    Any cardio you do is fine. As long as the crossfitting is leaning more toward the hit side

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    I personally don't see the need for using cutting agents when doing crossfit. As long as you're hittin' it hard like 5 days a week, all you need is a good diet and you will shred doing crossfit. Just my 2 cents, but I have not tried using anything for cutting like T3 or clen
    Bodacious likes this.

Alta is offline Associate Member
    Thought I would bump this.

I'm on week 6 of Test Prop, 2ml EOD.

Diet is pretty consistent to 40/40/20 Carbs/Protein/Fat. Possibly higher protein. Very clean diet except for 2 cheat meals (Dinner on Friday and Saturday) but even then it's restaurant food with salads, etc. Nothing crazy.

I feel like I've gained a good amount of lean mass. I haven't weighed myself, but it I'm down almost 2" on my belt size, and my shirts are tighter. My muscle recovery is crazy fast, I can easily handle training 7 days a week. I have to force myself to have a day off.

PRing everything right now. Snatch, cleans, squats, you name it. It's all good.

I am however struggling with cardio. I don't have the same jump I had, but that could actually be in my head. WOD times are going down pretty significantly, but it feels like I can stop a movement and recover faster than I usually do, and get right back into it. I haven't run or anything but it feels like I may be slower? I dunno.

I'm really enjoying myself so far, but wondering what to run next. Thinking HGH and Test E in May? Maybe prop again?

Anyone want to chime in?

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta View Post
    Thought I would bump this.

I'm on week 6 of Test Prop, 2ml EOD.

Diet is pretty consistent to 40/40/20 Carbs/Protein/Fat. Possibly higher protein. Very clean diet except for 2 cheat meals (Dinner on Friday and Saturday) but even then it's restaurant food with salads, etc. Nothing crazy.

I feel like I've gained a good amount of lean mass. I haven't weighed myself, but it I'm down almost 2" on my belt size, and my shirts are tighter. My muscle recovery is crazy fast, I can easily handle training 7 days a week. I have to force myself to have a day off.

PRing everything right now. Snatch, cleans, squats, you name it. It's all good.

I am however struggling with cardio. I don't have the same jump I had, but that could actually be in my head. WOD times are going down pretty significantly, but it feels like I can stop a movement and recover faster than I usually do, and get right back into it. I haven't run or anything but it feels like I may be slower? I dunno.

I'm really enjoying myself so far, but wondering what to run next. Thinking HGH and Test E in May? Maybe prop again?

Anyone want to chime in?
    If you don't care about detection time for AAS (so you're not competing) then I would go Test Prop with NPP. I love that combo but if I am serious about going to regionals in 2017 I don't want to run the risk of detection.

grmoises56 is offline New Member
    Any benefits from using Clen during crossfit? I just bought an Oxyflux bottle and take it for a week. I noticed my breathing is better but didn't really see any effect on endurance.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grmoises56
    Any benefits from using Clen during crossfit? I just bought an Oxyflux bottle and take it for a week. I noticed my breathing is better but didn't really see any effect on endurance.
    I think clen is highly overrated. Crossfit is amazing for cutting but you have to have your diet spot on. You can't out exercise a bad diet. You can literally eat 2k calories in one sitting. But to burn that same amount of calories would take a huge amount of cardio that would not be sustainable
    Bodacious and RaginCajun like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    I think clen is highly overrated. Crossfit is amazing for cutting but you have to have your diet spot on. You can't out exercise a bad diet. You can literally eat 2k calories in one sitting. But to burn that same amount of calories would take a huge amount of cardio that would not be sustainable
    "You have to have your diet spot on." That's the only important part to cutting. Everything else is irrelevant because calories in vs calories out is the only thing that really matters. Nutrient timing plays a big role for elite level guys, as well as type of training, but for the majority of guys frequenting this board all that matter is energy in vs energy utilized.

Thread Information