DNoMac is offline Senior Member

Low Carb Tortillas

I finally found some low carb tortillas at the local grocery store. Picked some up and they are the bomb. Have you guys heard of the brand Mission? Anyways, I'm kinda confused, it says there are 7 net grams of carbs per serving, but on the back it says 18 grams per serving. Can somebody explain this to me? Also, is that any good as far as low carb tortillas go? Sorry if it's a dumb question. Thanks bros.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    man low carb tortillas are awesome, especially with steak i would say that net grams are 7, i wouldnt know why the nutri values per serving dont add up?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Dude 7g of carbs from a low carb tortilla? That is a lot IMO.... the low carb tortillas I buy usually only have 3-4g of net carbs.

Anyways.... it is probably because there are really 18g of carbs... but like 11g of fiber or something.

Mike

Forgot to ask if you know how to figure out net carbs.... I just assumed you did. But net carbs are your total carbs minus Sugar Alcohols & Dietary Fiber.

Mike

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Today I had my protein shake, and instead of flax in it, I ate a 3g of net carb tortilla with a tbsp of Natty PB and drizzled Splenda Syrup on it. It tasted good.

Low carb tortillas and that Carb Countdown Milk have really saved my diet big time.... because those were the things I always wanted to eat while dieting. Splenda kicks ass too of course.... I would be focked without it.

I think I might make a thread for us to sticky about good clean foods & snacks we can use in our diets. Topics such as this seem to come up quite often...

Maybe I'll make the

UNoffical "Clean Snack Foods" thread lol

Mike

wannBjaK is offline New Member
    Yeah you take the total carbs then subtract the fibers and thats your Net carbs.

yeah these low carb foods they're coming out with are great!!!

But do they really work?

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    check out Latortiafactory on-line they have less carbs in them.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, the Mission ones resemble more of the real "white flour" tortillas, but they have far more carbs in them. The LaTortilla Factory ones are better, and I trust the label more.

~SC~

Bcrown1 is offline Associate Member
    Ya, I actually prefer the taste of the La Tortilla ones even more than regular now.

KBZ
    KBZ is offline Associate Member
    I got some mission ones I think, that had 12g of carbs, but 8g were fiber!!! They taste so good and I get a good amount of fiber. Only problem is they only last about a day when I'm around 'em

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Forgot to ask if you know how to figure out net carbs.... I just assumed you did. But net carbs are your total carbs minus Sugar Alcohols & Dietary Fiber.

Mike
    Thats what I was looking for. Thanks bro. Yea, 7 net seemed a bit high, but this was the only low carb tortilla i've seen yet so I wans't sure if there was better. They have a **** load of fiber in it, taste good. I might have to check out the one's swole suggested depending on price.

KBZ
    KBZ is offline Associate Member
    Mission Tortillas Low Carb Whole Wheat Fajita Size
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 Tortilla (28g)
    Servings per package 10
    Calories 80
    Calories from fat 15
    Total Fat 2g
    Saturated Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 240mg
    Total Carbohydrates 12g*
    Dietary Fiber 8g*
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 3g
    *Net carbs as listed by the manufacturer on their package = 4 carbs per tortilla.

Ingredients: Water, modified wheat starch, whole wheat flour, wheat gluten, powder cellulose, vegetable shortening (partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or cottonseed oil), wheat protein isolate (wheat gluten, lactic acid, sulfite), and contains 2% or less of: salt, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminium sulfate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate and/or sodium acid pyrophosphate, calcium sulfate), cellulous gum, calcium propionate and sorbic acid (to preserve freshness), distilled monoglycerides, wheat starch, amylase, tricalcium phosphate, natural flavor, sunflower oil, sucralose, caramel color, dough conditioners (fumeric acid and sodium metabisulfite). Contains wheat.

Those are the tortillas I eat, those okay? They taste really really good. Slab some peanut butter on a mildly heated up tortilla and I swear; I love it more than ice cream.

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Low carb tortillas and that Carb Countdown Milk have really saved my diet big time.... because those were the things I always wanted to eat while dieting. Splenda kicks ass too of course.... I would be focked without it.

I think I might make a thread for us to sticky about good clean foods & snacks we can use in our diets. Topics such as this seem to come up quite often...

Maybe I'll make the

UNoffical "Clean Snack Foods" thread lol

Mike

I mix the chocolate carb countdown milk with ON chocolate flavored whey, blend with shaved ice (yes, it's hard to find those little bitty razors) and DAYYAMM it's good.

Thread Information