steve1 is offline Junior Member

Why cant I put on weight?

Can someon please critque my diet...im 5'9 171 lbs with a 31" waist.....dont know bf...it seems like I eat liek a horse and cant put on weight...stopped cardio for a few months and still doenst help...not even goign to bathroom much , dont know where all this food is goin...can som one help me?...workout 4 days a week doin 2 body parts a day.

typical day...

7Am........250 ml of egg whites (8) with a banana , strawberries and milk in a shake....also two pieces of whole wheat toast with maregerine and bran flakes cereal.

Then workout ,after food settles

after workoout 2 scoops of meal replacemnt powder shake(60 grams of protein) with about 750 ml of skim milk and banana in shake

then a veggie shake 30 mins later ( to get my veggies in) tomato, spinach,lettuce, 2 potatos and orange juice.

2 hours later

tuna , banana, glass of water or juice

then bran muffin and choco milk

then another 2 hours later, can o tuna banana and water

then a big meal around 5 pm ...usually chicken breast, potatoes, pasta with sauce and bread and some dessert like cake or chocolate ...(have sweet tooth)

then can o tuna , banana juice

its 9 pm now...... fat free yogurt, few potato chips, and another small thing to munch on like fruit or celery
    then go to bed....seems like an awful lot of calories but no gains in weight or size.

Beernutz is offline Member
    Wow bro you have alot of flaws in your diet. I understand that your trying to put on weight but youve gotta do it in a clean fashion. Most of the foods you are taking arent very nutritious. Right off the bat im gonna tell you to read the bulking sticky atop this forum. But i will also tell you to calculate your bmr to gainweight. Heres is the link http://www.weight-loss-i.com/calorie...s-benedict.htm. To gain weight you must eat 500 more kcals then your maintenence kcals(bmr). What about your post workout nutrition. You must be taking dextrose and some whey protein after your workouts. Read the sticky create a new diet plan and post it up and we will be more then happy to help you.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

You are missing the nessecary fat my Brotha!!

[QUOTE=steve1]Can someon please critque my diet...im 5'9 171 lbs with a 31" waist.....dont know bf...it seems like I eat liek a horse and cant put on weight...stopped cardio for a few months and still doenst help...not even goign to bathroom much , dont know where all this food is goin...can som one help me?...workout 4 days a week doin 2 body parts a day.

typical day...

7Am........250 ml of egg whites (8) with a banana , strawberries and milk in a shake....also two pieces of whole wheat toast with maregerine and bran flakes cereal.
    (Try adding 3 yolks here)

Then workout ,after food settles

after workoout 2 scoops of meal replacemnt powder shake(60 grams of protein) with about 750 ml of skim milk and banana in shake

then a veggie shake 30 mins later ( to get my veggies in) tomato, spinach,lettuce, 2 potatos and orange juice.

2 hours later

tuna , banana, glass of water or juice
    (ground beef...steak...etc.etc.)
    then bran muffin and choco milk

then another 2 hours later, can o tuna banana and water
    (add another can of tuna and mix with rice or complex carb)

then a big meal around 5 pm ...usually chicken breast, potatoes, pasta with sauce and bread and some dessert like cake or chocolate ...(have sweet tooth)
    (ground beef...steak...etc. etc.)

then can o tuna , banana juice
    (2 chicken breast complex carbs)

its 9 pm now...... fat free yogurt, few potato chips, and another small thing to munch on like fruit or celery
    then go to bed....seems like an awful lot of calories but no gains in weight or size. [(This is a good place to add a protein shake)/QUOTE]

steve1 is offline Junior Member
    thanks guys........no offense to the first reply but I think my food is really nutritious...and to the second reply , thanks alot, i think your right about adding steak and beef and more complex carbs

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1
    thanks guys........no offense to the first reply but I think my food is really nutritious
    Hahha, nutritious is one thing.

Benefitial for weight gain in bodybuilding is another issue entirely.

Veggies shakes? Cereal? Yogurt? Bran muffin and milk?? You also have more liquid meals than a person w/a jaw wired shut. You need real food, and lots of it for a consistent period of time.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 05-25-2004 at 06:55 PM.

sooner45 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Hahha, nutritious is one thing.

Benefitial for weight gain in bodybuilding is another issue entirely.

Veggies shakes? Cereal? Yogurt? Bran muffin and milk?? You also have more liquid meals than a person w/a jaw wired shut. You need real food, and lots of it for a consistent period of time.

~SC~

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

Beernutz is offline Member
    thanks for clearning that up for me swole. I never meant "non nutritious" because those foods that you eat are more nutritious then what most pple who dont bodybuild eat. What i meant was you need certain foods at certian times inorder to gain weight cleanly and effectivly the sticky will answer those questions for you. Never meant to knock your diet just trying to help.

Thread Information