63190 is offline Anabolic Member

Don't have time to eat all day question

Here's my situation:
    I work 3pm-11:30pm. Sometimes I go in a half hour early and stay an hour late. Then I get home and come here for 2-3 hours. I hurt my shoulder and won't be working out for a while. When I did, my diet was like this:
    9am eat 1 cup of Total Raisen Bran w/ 1/2 cup fat free milk or instant oatmeal with water. I eat a couple of eggs on Fri&Sat(days off) and two pancakes and two strips of bacon on Sundays.
    Work out 10-12
    1:30 2 ham'n'cheese or pb&j or turkey'n'cheese, hand full of potato chips or tortilla chips maybe an apple, then off to work.
    8pm Dinner is usually 3 enchiladas, beans&fried rice or 1/4lb steak&potatos, beans or 2 hot dogs w/chilibeans&fries or Steamed rice, chicken/beef chinese food with a lil' ginger or 2 chicken breast sandwiches or 2 beef burgers.

My question are, how do I make five to six meals fit into my day and how do make quick healthy meals? Got to be quick so I can still have time to work out 2 hours a day. I guess I could stuff something down on the 5 o'clock coffee break. And then something again like at 10:30-11 a couple of hours before I go to bed.
    I hear that weight gainers are crap. I also hear that straight protiene will not convert to stored fat. Any truth to these rumors?
    I'm looking to put on lean mass. I know my diet is horrible, please help.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    damm, you work out 2 hours a day! wtf are you doing in there? you must be running your **** box because the most i ever spend when I am tired is 1 hour.

that diet is awful, no matter what you are trying to do. that looks like cheat day to me. do use use MRP's?

If you have time for a coffee break you have time for some food.

your rumors are bunk.

check out the stickys in the diet forum for some help o getting yourself a diet
    abstrack@protonmail.com

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, gotta look at the stickies and see what is needed to accomplish the goals from a nutrition perspective. Why train and go nuts when you're going to be selling yourself short on what should be the #1 priority?

~SC~

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Aside from your 5:00 break, any chance you can get some time to chow down around 8:00? You never indicated what you do for a living, so I don't know but maybe you can gulp down a protein shake and some nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    Aside from your 5:00 break, any chance you can get some time to chow down around 8:00? You never indicated what you do for a living, so I don't know but maybe you can gulp down a protein shake and some nuts.
    U straight told him to gulp nuts!!!

~SC~

Bah ha ha ha.

I'm a heavy line coach (read bus, but we hate that term in the industry) mechanic. I clock in and get real dirty real quick and stay that way most of the day aside from the break. If I scrub up for coffee break for 5 minutes that only leaves me 10 minutes to eat. I don't drink coffee so, I usually just keep working.
    I do eat at 8:00 pm. I get an hour there. I usually just barely taste what I have for diner as it's going down and then I go out and walk for what ever time I have left. I've been eating in like 13-15 minutes.

As for the work out... it's not always two hours. I've been doing the Arnold beginner bodybuilding work out.
    Mon-
    Bench/Bent over row super set
    Inlcline bench/Chins super set
    DB pull overs
    Dead lift
    Roman Chair
    Tue-
    Clean and press
    Push Press/DB Laterals super set
    Heavy Up-right row/Front DB raises
    Narrow Bench/Alt DB curls super set
    BB curl/Tricep ext super set
    Reverse wrist curl/Wrist curl super set
    Reverse crunches
    Wed-
    Squats
    Walking lunges
    Leg curl
    Straight leg dead lift
    Good-mornings
    Roman chair
    Thurs-
    Same as Mon
    Fri-
    Same as Tue
    Sat-
    Same as Wed.
    By the way, my name is my stats.
    Last edited by 63190; 05-27-2004 at 02:46 AM.

That's all part of the sacrifice, my friend - making time to eat every 3 hours or so.

Even if it means washing your hands.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    thats workout looks like way to much for me. JMO I dont know how many saets and reps you're doing because you did not list them but it still seems likes way to much
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Yeah, that's lots of volume, and unless you are Arnie on 2 grams of gear a week, it ain't for you. How can you train the same bodyparts on Thurs. that you just did Monday?? No way in blue h*ll if you are training correctly.

Your call, you know what's needed to succeed.

~SC~

4 sets of 8-12 reps for upper body, 15-20 for lower body. 5x20 for calves EOD I fogot to mention I have weak-ass claves. I made some progress on creatine and weight gainer. Lots of friend who don't work out said I was getting big. But when I got off the stuff it all went way. A couple of friend said if I juiced I could probably explode. I was thinking 600mg a week of Sus or Enan for 8wks for my first cycle. I'm 27 BTW.

Should I try that other guys method? I can't remember that guys name but I saw a post about it here. I saved the link.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=87938
    Last edited by 63190; 05-27-2004 at 09:37 AM.

Adding AAS is the last thing you should be considering. If you can't eat correctly now, there's no reason to even think about adding any other aides.

~SC~

You are right. I need to shop for successful bodybuilding. I have poor eating habbits because my parents are obese. I have to go this route alone. Funny thing is my mom is registard nurse. I got to get her to come here and read the sticky diet threads. Then I can have her help putting together my nutrition package. Maybe even get them to get on the program with me and have a support group. It's really tough dieting alone, let alone making a change of life and not just doing the short term diet.

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    You are right. I need to shop for successful bodybuilding. I have poor eating habbits because my parents are obese. I have to go this route alone. Funny thing is my mom is registard nurse. I got to get her to come here and read the sticky diet threads. Then I can have her help putting together my nutrition package. Maybe even get them to get on the program with me and have a support group. It's really tough dieting alone, let alone making a change of life and not just doing the short term diet.
    I hear you dude. It's tough enough when you have support, but it's killer if you're in a household that creates too many temptations.

But that's what we're here for. Use this board as your support group if you need to.

Today I was doing good until I got off of work. I had a bowl of Raisen Bran w/ fat free milk (I know it's mostly sugar, but water and cereal sucks) at 9am.
    Then I took a brisk two mile walk at noon.
    On the way to work (2-ish) I ate a 6" tuna subway with every thing but jalapeņos (GERD+spicy equals reflux).
    Five-ish I ate another 6" tuna.
    Eight, I was going to eat a 6" oven roasted chicken, but ate the whole foot long.
    Got a 4 piece chicken tenders and texas toast on the way home at 1 am. Then I was really bad (the chicken was fried), I ate a crunch bar ice cream.
    Total fat 13g Total Carb. 17g
    Sat. fat 10g 0 fiber
    Cholest. 20mg Sugars 14g
    Sodium 50g Protein 2g
    Potassium 110mg
    I am a big fat pig. ;_;

I think you are setting yourself up to fail. Plan your meals in advance - the night before. This way you won't have to think "on the fly" and risk temptation.

BTW, raisin bran is horrible with or without milk.

Yeah, Raisin Bran, Subway 3 times in one day, and ice cream aren't exactly going to get it done.

As bad_man said, we are here for support, so start making those changes TODAY!

~SC~

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    protein dude... a really good protein source for your coffee break would be tuna. I chase my 3 meals a day with a can of tuna and drink 3 protein shakes a day

So, stay off the raisen bran and switch to old fashioned oat meal for breakfast?

Would burrito of pinto beans and wild rice be a good snack? I don't fry my beans with any oil or grease and you can't tell the diffenece in taste.

I also heard that abalone(sp*?) was better than tuna but more expensive. My friend buys it in a bag and says it tastes way better than canned tuna.

Side note, it's been three weeks since I've stopped weight training and I think I'm starting to lose some of the muscle. But my shoulder is still giving me problems.
    Should I just hit the gym again and be real careful with the movements?
    I think I'll make an appointment with a joint doctor.
    Last edited by 63190; 05-28-2004 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    So, stay off the raisen bran and switch to old fashioned oat meal for breakfast? Maybe. Are you doing any cardio in the morning?

Would burrito of pinto beans and wild rice be a good snack? I don't fry my beans with any oil or grease and you can't tell the diffenece in taste. NO

I also heard that abalone(sp*?) was better than tuna but more expensive. My friend buys it in a bag and says it tastes way better than canned tuna.

Side note, it's been three weeks since I've stopped weight training and I think I'm starting to lose some of the muscle. But my shoulder is still giving me problems.
    Should I just hit the gym again and be real careful with the movements?
    I think I'll make an appointment with a joint doctor.
    Don't fu*k with your shoulder. I speak from experience. If it's as bad as you say, get clearance from your doctor first. But you can still work out your legs and depending on what your shoulder injury is, you can do some isolation exercises on your bi's and tri's. And you won't hurt your shoulder on the treadmill.

So, stay off the raisen bran and switch to old fashioned oat meal for breakfast? Maybe. Are you doing any cardio in the morning?

I do either a two mile jog or a two mile walk. I switch on/off 5 days/wk. Like Mon. jog, Tue walk, etc.

Don't fu*k with your shoulder. I speak from experience. If it's as bad as you say, get clearance from your doctor first. But you can still work out your legs and depending on what your shoulder injury is, you can do some isolation exercises on your bi's and tri's. And you won't hurt your shoulder on the treadmill.
    I'll make an appointment ASAP. I hate the tread mill. If I feel like hitting the legs hard I'll run in the sand post work out.

I love the pinto beans. I can't help it. I am a beaner. Washed clean of rocks and dirt, then soaked over night with a crushed piece of garlec, and pinch of aregeno. Boiled, or refried, it don't matter. They are high in protein, are they not?

Thread Information