Thread: Carb Up Days

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member

Carb Up Days

Im on a high protein diet for cutting and I've read a few post here and on EF about taking a day of high carbs. What Ive read varies between every 7-21 days. Does this serve a purpose? If so what? I don't see where a cheat day would benefit me, but I am open for advice.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    When on a low carb diet some BB will have a loading day to take in more carbs for the following week it increases the effects of the diet and replenishes your body I would have a carb day every 6 days

Billy

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Also puts my body in a frenzy, when I up my carbs. Like putting it into shock or something. I get wired when my body is starved from carbs for a few days. Also being in the heat all the time, and relying on carbs to keep from getting strokes, it is also good to load up on carbs a day before a big workout, I mean like if you want a huge work out. you body needs preperation, and before a big volleyball game all day in the sun, fitness guys would always tell us, the night before eat alot of carbs, and during the day of suck down nothing but carbs, in the sun. But as a BB, I find that low carb diet and uppin the carbs on certain days, is a great idea, it helps me with my workouts sometims.

RON
    Thank you for the info. Thats 2 in a row now for you Billy thanks alot. So once a week would be a good thing. I just read this other diet where they actually load up on carbs all weekend. I think once a week will be fine for me though.

I think you need to find what works best for you if you can get a way with one day Ok but if you need 2 use the whole weekend.Like some people need a cheat day once a week I find I don,t need one at all

Billy

RON
    Billy,
    Do you consider it as just a cheat day or do you think it has nutritional value. I don't think I need it unless it will benefit me physically.

A cheat day is different from a carb up day IMO carb up day still follows a strictish diet where as a cheat day is a free for all!!

Billy

RON
    I guess I'll just have to try it and see how it feel with and without. On a 50/35/15 diet like you were talking about before what would you do on carb days 35/50/15? Also im assuming my calories stay at 2200 like we talked about.

Keep the protein the same all the time just increase the carbs and on these carb up days I don,t think it really matters how many you take in as it is normally only one or two days

Find what works for you I could preach all day but it does not mean it will work for you!!

Good Luck
    Billy

Thread Information