Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Fruits when bulking?

Do you guys eat lots of fruits when bulking??
    I mean for the vitamin and fiber content not as a carb source. Not to mention they taste good

what fruits would be the best when bulking? Most nutrities with the least ammount of carbs.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Are you going to get ultra shredded, or are you bulking now?

You can utilize any fruit basically in bulking, just place them in intelligent locations where they can assist you based on your breakdown.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Are you going to get ultra shredded, or are you bulking now?

You can utilize any fruit basically in bulking, just place them in intelligent locations where they can assist you based on your breakdown.

~SC~

Im just gathering knoweledge for the uppcomming bulker this fall aint gonna allow myself to get ultra fat again thats for sure.
    What would be intelligent locations. Post post workout I assume and maby as part of pre workout meals?

My goal right now is to get decently lean, I dont allow fruits in my diet except one pear or 2 in my post post workout meal.

But ohh its horrible to go to stores this time of year and se all the fresh strawberrys

Just use them in between solid food meals, and have them come about 30 mins before a protein shake. Helps w/absorption if you use apples, just something I learned from a pro seriously. Don't fully understand the concept behind it yet, but it works because of the citric acids/stomach acids and helping the protein be absorbed quicker/more efficiently.

~SC~

Interesting never heard of that before. Thanks.

btw I have read somewhere that one apple has more fibers in it then a big serving of oatmeal, is there any thruth to that?

Well, 1/2 cup of oats has 27 grams of carbs, 4 of which are fiber. 1/2 cup is not a BIG serving of oats, no, it's quite small. (1 serving) On to apples..........

Apple Nutrition Facts:
    (*One medium 2-1/2 inch apple, fresh, raw, with skin)

Calories 81
    Carbohydrate 21 grams
    Dietary Fiber 4 grams
    Soluble Fiber
    Insoluble fiber
    Calcium 10 mg
    Phosphorus 10 mg Iron .25 mg
    Sodium 0.00 mg
    Potassium 159 mg
    Vitamin C 8 mg
    Vitamin A 73 IU
    Folate 4 mcg

*The nutritional value of apples will vary slightly depending on the variety and size.

So you can see that an apple has the same amount of fiber as 1 serving of oatmeal. Thus, a BIG serving of oats would have more fiber than an apple.

~SC~

well that explains why I spent alot of time on the crapper after eating 2 apples when I hadnt eaten any fruites for months

a little change of topic, how do you guys feel about mixing down say psyllium(no clue how its spelled)seeds and other seeds into food to lower gi(during bulk that is)?

Thread Information