Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

How do you count your kalories/macro nutritiens

Do you know any good online site or software(that can be easily found and cracked )that is good?

I use www.fitday.com and it always been good but I hate the fact that it isnt possible to se the kcal ammount in every meal, just the daily total.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Just curious as to how those sites help you or those who use them?

I've always just written down what I do daily (go w/a set plan) do it for a set period of time, evaluate the results to that point, then adjust. I did this w/food and weights, but not food anymore because you just "know" what to eat after a while for results.
    Just wondering what is different apart from writing it down, or making a spreadsheet for yourself in Excel or similar type program.

~SC~

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Just curious as to how those sites help you or those who use them?

I've always just written down what I do daily (go w/a set plan) do it for a set period of time, evaluate the results to that point, then adjust. I did this w/food and weights, but not food anymore because you just "know" what to eat after a while for results.
    Just wondering what is different apart from writing it down, or making a spreadsheet for yourself in Excel or similar type program.

~SC~
    I did the pen and papper thing for several months but thought it was a hassel to calculate everything by hand and to always have to check the nutritional values of things(I have awfull memory).
    I have never done anything with excel so couldnt do a spread sheet if I wanted to(or well yeah I could learn the mofo program but im to lasy )
    fitday also lets me configure a ****load of meals so its a big plus. I think I have over 300 customs meals in that sucker right now. If the **** server crashed and database got deleted I would go on a rampage.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    I just use Excel to calculate mine. I don't use it daily anymore cause like SC says, you pretty much know after a while but I refer to it sometimes when I just want to double check some things.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    the best way is to write it down. its a pain in the butt but after getting the hang of the routine, you eventually know what to eat without having to write it down. i especially use this when i am cutting.

letmein is offline Associate Member
    I use one called Balance Log. It works on a PC or PDA. Go to www.balancelog.com I think it is less than $50.00. Has over 4,000 foods in it and it is easy to add new ones.

Thread Information