Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer

Quik question regarding carbs...

If you are supposed to consume simple sugars for a specific reason, then is it ok to have simple carbs? Coz simple carbs have simple sugars in them right? Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Ok what I am confused about is, if simple carbs have simple sugars in them, then how come the GEN-TEC 2kg tub of Just Carbs powder nutrition contect says:

0g fat
    0g sugars
    0g protein
    etc
    etc

Its all 0g, excepet for carbs itself of course coz its a pure just carbohydrates product. This GEN-TEC product says its simple carbohydrates, and simple carbohydrates are simple sugars. So if simple carbohydrates are simple sugars then why does the nutrition content say it has 0g of sugar? Can someone please clear this up. Thanx
    Last edited by Gear; 05-30-2004 at 11:07 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    The carb source in the product must be over 2 chains long (more than 1 or two simple sugars), thus being a longer chained starch that can still be high GI. (Glucose)

~SC~

Ok, so can this product be classified as simple carbs? It says it does, so I assume it is

Actually, anything over 2 chains is considered complex, but this may be "stripped" somehow to illicit a high insulin response. White rice or white flour for example are "complex", but are very high gi.

I think they should have named it "Simply Carbs", not Simple Carbs.

~SC~

Hrmm, Im a little confused about this powder now. Do u know any products that are just carbs without any addetives like fats, proteins, sugars, etc etc? They need to be in simple form. Thanx for the feedback anyway bro

Ahhh, I see it's called "Just carbs" not simple carbs, so yes what I said holds true.

It's a starch, probably glucose.

~SC~

I personally utilize dextrose, which IS a simple sugar, and is the highest glycemic compound on the planet.

~SC~

Sorry my mistake, your right, its called "just carbs" not "simple carbs". So that powder is considered as simple carbs yeah?

It'd be nice to judge the glycemic response of it to see if it's purpose is like that of dextrose, and how it compares. They are calling them simple, but they really mean high gi I believe.

~SC~

Ok kool thanx man

Thread Information