Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'

does any one know xactly how bad msg really is?

i just ate a boatload of chinese food, yummm anyway i can feel the MSG and i feeling a bit woosy. how exactly does msg affect your body and is it really that bad for you? all i can say is that it makes the food darn TASTY!

eggplant is offline Member
    yep~ msg adds a lot of flavour to your food..but too much of it is not good..it makes you very thirsty..so you need to be sure you are drinking enough water..too much of it also contributes to hair loss..but i'm not sure if it makes one retain water though..bump!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    excuse my stupidity but what the hell is msg?

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    excuse my stupidity but what the hell is msg?
    monosodium glutamate. its a white crystalline powder which is used in oriental cuisine. im sure youve tried this bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    monosodium glutamate. its a white crystalline powder which is used in oriental cuisine. im sure youve tried this bro!
    Hum probably, I have eaten china food lots of times but never thought about that white powder hum
    have to pay more attention next time I eat china food

Hum probably, I have eaten china food lots of times but never thought about that white powder hum
    have to pay more attention next time I eat china food
    after eating chinese food, did you ever feel light headed, flushed or tingly?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    after eating chinese food, did you ever feel light headed, flushed or tingly?
    Hum never realy thought about it. I usualy eat such ammounts when eating china food that I get slugish and naseous just from that, so I might have misstaken any light headedness with that.

it ist used as like salt or something and sprinkled on the food while eating? or do they put it in the food while preparing it?

Hum never realy thought about it. I usualy eat such ammounts when eating china food that I get slugish and naseous just from that, so I might have misstaken any light headedness with that.

it ist used as like salt or something and sprinkled on the food while eating? or do they put it in the food while preparing it?

nope its cooked with it in the kitchen. oh well i guess the chinese food i have been eating had tons of it. take it easy bro im ot!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    MSG is horrible and horrible for your body!!

I get extreme headaches from MSG, which is why when I cheat and order Chinese once in a blue moon, it's ordered w/NO MSG. I tell the restaurant owners that I get seizures if I ingest it in order to make D*MN sure they don't put that sh*t in my food.

The food tastes soooooooooooooooooo much cleaner, u can actually taste the OTHER items in the food, it doesn't all taste the SAME.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    MSG is horrible and horrible for your body!!

I get extreme headaches from MSG, which is why when I cheat and order Chinese once in a blue moon, it's ordered w/NO MSG. I tell the restaurant owners that I get seizures if I ingest it in order to make D*MN sure they don't put that sh*t in my food.

The food tastes soooooooooooooooooo much cleaner, u can actually taste the OTHER items in the food, it doesn't all taste the SAME.

~SC~
    yeah man i used to not mind but ever since i started getting health conscious and nutritionally aware of the food ive been eating i try Once in a while to do without it.....

Thread Information