Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

What GI to shoot for when bulking?

Obviously the lower the better when it comes to GI. But in what ranges do you try to keep the gi in your meals when bulking?

I se that rice(brown rice) has a pretty high gi of 79 and pasta has as low as 51(whole grain pasta) and potatoes that is cocked, then chilled ,then revarmed has as low as 33.
    btw how can chilling and then reheating potatoes lower its gi from around 80 to 33? Does the chilling procsess restructure the carbs somehow in the potatoes?

So going by that(the gi tabel I check uses white bread=100gi not dextrose=100gi)should I base most my carb meals around pasta and rewarmed potatoes considering they have much lower gi then other regular carb soruces?

Is there any trick I can do to further lower gi? Like mixing down psyllium seeds ect. I heard that flax seeds can also lower gi in food pretty much but then I would be breaking the no fat and carbs in the same meal rule

About never combining fat and carbs is that a rule you guys follow when bulking to? What if the gi of the carbsource in the meal are super low alreay and adding a semi fatty meat would push it down to ridicilously low levels(like below 30). Is that acceptable? For example eating ground beef(fat% around 10)togheter with potatoes and taking in psyllium seeds at the same time, that I think would substantialy lower the gi of the potatoes so its below 30. Such a low gi cant trigger any kind of serious insulin release right?

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I se that rice(brown rice) has a pretty high gi of 79 and pasta has as low as 51(whole grain pasta) and potatoes that is cocked, then chilled ,then revarmed has as low as 33.
    How exactly would you cock a potatoe and why? (Note to self: Don't eat johan's potatoes)

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mu'min
    How exactly would you cock a potatoe and why? (Note to self: Don't eat johan's potatoes)
    haha I saw that typo too

I really dont think it is an issue if you're eating real clean johan
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mu'min
    I always mix upp the words boil and cock cause cock is so similar to boil on swedish

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    haha I saw that typo too

I really dont think it is an issue if you're eating real clean johan

Maby not a big issue but I want to lear everything I can about gi
    Just finished a book writen about it by fredrik paulun and though it was a bit to simplified it sounds amazing.
    If eating by the GI system has the potential that paulun claims, then it must be the optimal way to both bulk and cut. Not to mention the positive health effects.

Can anyone here recomend any good upptodate literature about the GI system?

Thread Information