Beernutz is offline Member

Upping fats question

When reaching a cutting plateau is it possible to just up fats and not decrease any other macros and expect to get through the plateau? If so how is this possible because adding fats and not taking away any other macro would mean more kcals wouldnt it???CAn anyone help me understand this concept?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    When reaching a cutting plateau is it possible to just up fats and not decrease any other macros and expect to get through the plateau? If so how is this possible because adding fats and not taking away any other macro would mean more kcals wouldnt it???CAn anyone help me understand this concept?

That would be fine.... keep your other macros where they are and just up the EFA intake a little. Sometimes upping your kcals a by a small ammount can actually be beneficial while trying to lose fat. It has worked for me in the past when I have gotten stuck...

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    That would be fine.... keep your other macros where they are and just up the EFA intake a little. Sometimes upping your kcals a by a small ammount can actually be beneficial while trying to lose fat. It has worked for me in the past when I have gotten stuck...

<<LMO>>
    im more then willing to give that a try. I was just a lil curious as to why that gets you through a plateau. Could it have something to do with metabolism.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Ideally you do lower either carbs or protein when you up your fats as such.

You are adding more kcals when you just add fats, so that is not going to work.

~SC~

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Exactly. I would say if you are going to raise your EFA's, also lower your carbs. Try to keep your total caloric intake as close to where it is now, so for every gram of fats you add, take away 2 grams of carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    I just pull up, get out, and get all the hoes.
    Love it!

~SC~

i recently dropped protein to 220g and raised fat to 130g on training days. I think im a little impatient tho with the results because i only changed this a week ago and already i wanna change it again. My carbs are at 150g on training days right now i dunno if that should change. I think i should try to stick to what im doing right now for 1 more week and see where i stand. I currently feel as if im losing muslce mass slowly but i think i have to go to the tape measure for that. I think its all in my head tho, cutting is all mind games i think...

Stressing is catabolic too.

Best thing to do is to take pics now. Then, 1 week from now or every 2 weeks, take the same exact pics, same location, lighting, etc. Post them here or on the members pics board to see where you are at, and to get critique about what may be going on.

I wonder why more people don't post their pictures???

~SC~

i have to get my hands on a digi camera. Then ill post my pics. I have to problems with posting pics at all just need the camera. Thanks for the advice.

LOL. Show em my moto!
    Quote Originally Posted by SWOLECAT
    I Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    LOL. Show em my moto!
    U gonna get LB's stuff when it hits?

~SC~

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    bro how exactly did you arrvie at your macros? this is my main problem. i usually subtract 500 cals from my maintenance. im having difficulty in a macro perspective. what are your current macros for cutting?

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    U gonna get LB's stuff when it hits?

~SC~
    No doubt bro! IMO he's the better of the 3 anyway.

Yeah, 50 has a diff. appeal and was on mix-tapes and all before any of the others were. 50 is just a cool mutha phucka.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    bro how exactly did you arrvie at your macros? this is my main problem. i usually subtract 500 cals from my maintenance. im having difficulty in a macro perspective. what are your current macros for cutting?
    i used to count kcals and all macros together and yes i used to subtract a little more then 500kcals under maintanence just to be safe. But after that i just stopped counting kcals and concentrated on my macros that i was currently using and then i tweaked them a little and now im at pro=220g fat=95g c=150g on training days
    pro=217g carb=56g fat=130g on cardio only days.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, 50 has a diff. appeal and was on mix-tapes and all before any of the others were. 50 is just a cool mutha phucka.

~SC~
    50's baby's momma lives in my gated community. I see him driving around all the time in his H2.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    50's baby's momma lives in my gated community. I see him driving around all the time in his H2.
    Neat man, neat!!!!! You should try to holler at him and say what up. I know I'd be trying to get an autograph or just say what's up..........that would be neat.

Of course, you have to dodge the shells comin' at'cha N sh*t............lol.......

~SC~

Ever see Ride with Funkmaster Flex? They made 50's Hummer bulletproof in one episode. That's the one I always see him in. I figure if I waved at him or something he'd run me down or pull his 9 on me.

He really is one jacked mutha. Huge arms.

Neat man, neat!!!!! You should try to holler at him and say what up. I know I'd be trying to get an autograph or just say what's up..........that would be neat.

Of course, you have to dodge the shells comin' at'cha N sh*t............lol.......

~SC~

LOL....

<<LMO>>

I'd give him a shout out and take my chances brutha! I'd make sure I was all pro-tanned and fully carbed up N sh*t.......Just like for a show....... and I'd go outside w/no shirt and my pinstriped jailhouse jeans w/Timberlands and pretend I was tinkering w/my ride.............

~SC~

OK, you're ****ing with me. I get it.

Huh???

~sc~

I thought you were mocking me for mentioning a celebrity sighting. Maybe not.

OK, you're ****ing with me. I get it.

LOL.... you really think Swole is kidding?? Remember this is the guy who flexes before he posts

J/P Swole haha

<<LMO>>

Focking server... double post.

I never heard him use the word "neat" before.

I never heard him use the word "neat" before.
    I know, I am losin' my touch, not nearly ghetto enough!

I totally believe ya brutha, I wasn't mockin' ya at all. I think it's cooler than sh*t that you get to see what you do. I was just saying I'd be tempted to try and shake his hand, say what's up, etc.

If I doubted ya, I'd say "BULLSH*T"........then u know I'm mocking you.

~SC~

I knew you believed me, I just thought you were making fun of me for thinking it was a big deal. Anyway, this point is already too big a deal.

As for trying to meet him, that would be hard to do at 90MPH through a residential neighborhood. But I'll give it a shot next time.

BTW Swole, I have to think that given your occupation and geography that you've met your share of celebrities and that you wouldn't sweat over any of them.

Next time he's speeding by, just holler "Murder Inc.", that should get him to stop, just be strapped and ready to run hehe. I agree, I'd have to try and say what's up as well. No harm in trying.

sooner45 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut

<<LMO>>

Sorry to break the 50 cent Gangsta talk fellas..... But I did have a question. If you did do this to "break through" gettin "stuck" how long would you want to do this? Is this just s short-term fix to get you through and then go back to your original plan or would you stay with this for an extended period of time?? 1 month? 2 months? 3 months??

Thanks Bro's! No you may continue with your regular scheduled programming of "I wanna meet 50 cent" discussion......

I suggest doing it until you hit another sticking point.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    Sorry to break the 50 cent Gangsta talk fellas..... But I did have a question. If you did do this to "break through" gettin "stuck" how long would you want to do this? Is this just s short-term fix to get you through and then go back to your original plan or would you stay with this for an extended period of time?? 1 month? 2 months? 3 months??

Thanks Bro's! No you may continue with your regular scheduled programming of "I wanna meet 50 cent" discussion......

Well I guess I was wrong.... you would need lower one of your other macros to increase the fats since it would be adding more kcals. I have done it both ways and got good results, but I would think dropping the calories might help more than adding (for obvious reasons) But to answer your question, you would do this until you are done cutting. But honestly, I have found while cutting that I am constantly changing up the macros a little here and there.... they never stay the same for an elongated period of time.

<<LMO>>

next week im gonna try lowering my kacls via a lower amount of carbs on training days. Pwo will be 30pro and 60g of carbs instead of 40/80 as i been doing. And my ppwo will have 60g of carbs aswell. This will lower my carbs to 120g instead of 150g hopefully this will be the drop that i need. Ill try it and evaluate my results after 2 weeks. Does this sound ok guys? Do you guys know how much dextrose i need to get 60gs of carbs out of it instead of 80. I was using 1/2 cup b4.

Good luck dude. Let's see how it goes.

BTW, 60g of carbs would be 3/8 cup of dextrose.

ya i figured it would be 3/8 i did the math in my head. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks bro ill keep us all posted on what happens.

Thread Information