97cobra is offline Junior Member

Getting pissed!!!

Ok, I have been cutting since Jan. 1 and have lost a total of 20-25 lbs(fluctuates). I feel that I should be further along than where I am. Can see top 2 abs ok but nothing great. I feel that I have lost some muscle even though I am stronger on most exercises. I am 5'9" and currently weigh 195-200. I started w/ a 40" waist and it is currently at 34.75". I have small joints and waist so I know I have around a 30 inch waist maybe less. I want to get there no matter what it takes. My arms were 18.5" cold now they are 17.75" w/ a little more definition but not much. I feel as if I am a smaller version of what I was 5 months ago. I am at my wits end on what to do. I have read everything on here and feel as if my diet is on. But something is not right since I am posting this thread.SO here is my current training and diet:

Morning cardio for 45 minutes @ 70% heart rate, 5 days a week and usually twice a week after evening training sometimes 3. Train 3 on 1 off. I train one part heavy low reps and the other medium/heavy with 10-12 reps using isolation movements. Then the next training day for these parts I switch. Chest/Tri, Back/Bi, Legs/Shoulders/Traps, off. Repeat routine. Calves trained 3 days a week and abs.

Diet:Cals,Pro,Carb,Fat
    Meal 1 after cardio
    Whey 240,44,8,3
    Flax 130,0,0,14
    5g glutamine
    multi vitamin
    2g vit C

Meal 2
    5.5 oz chicken 297,50,0,11
    oatmeal 150,5,27,2.5
    5 G glutamine
    Co-Q10
    Liquid L-Carnitine 1G
    Glucorell R-ALA

Meal 3 PWO
    Whey 240,44,8,3
    Dextrose 160,0,40,0
    Multi-vitamin
    3G vit C
    R-ALA

Meal 4(30 min.- 1 hr. later)
    6.5 oz turkey 258,60,0,2
    Oatmeal 150,5,27,2.5
    R-ala
    Glutamine

Meal 5
    Whey 240,44,8,3
    Flax 130,0,0,14

Meal 6
    6.5 oz turkey 258,60,0,2
    Flax 65,0,0,7

Totals 2318, 302, 118, 64

I have one cheat day a week which is only 1 meal maybe 2. I will do whatever it takes to reacxh my goal which is to be around 6-8 percent. I am around 14% right now. I am getting aggravated considering I have been dieting for 5 months and feel as if I am doing this for nothing because I am nowhere near where I want to be. I know I just need to tweak some things but I have a goal and will reach it!! This diet is for training days, on non training days I eat basically the same except for the dextrose.

So let me hear ya'lls suggestions. I am willing to try anything to get to my goal.

abc 1 is offline Associate Member
    could try lowering the calories alittle. some people need low calories. at 12 x bw (close to where you are), i maintain very well but loose nothing.

bump for more opinions.

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Yeah bro, after 20-25lbs of weight loss, you definately need to adjust your calories and macros to your new weight. You may have already done so, I'm just throwing that out there. Congrats on the weight loss 40" waist to 34" waist is nothing to laugh at. What have you been taking?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, you've made progress, so you have to adjust. It's gets harder the leaner you get, so make sure you know what to take out, when, why, how much, etc. You don't want to lose muscle for the sake of "weighing less".

~SC~

Swole that is exactly where I am at I believe. I need to figure out where to change my macros. I definately do not want to sacrifice any muscle. I am now at 2300 cals down from 3600 when bulking. With my calories so low I am only getting 118 G of carbs.I have been told not to go much lower than that. Then there are the fats, if I lower them I would think I would be getting to little fats. Protein is at 1.5 G per lb. So that is about right. Just confused on where I should lower or up my macros. Like you said I need to know what to take out when, why, and how much. So any help to make me better understand would be appreciated.

I know I read a post from you a while back telling someone to up their fats and lower their protein because they were probably using some protein for energy and not for repairing. Should I do something like this??

A guy at my gym competes in musclemania events and told me even while cutting at low cals I should have carbs in at least 4 meals. I thought that was a no no. I am just getting friggin confused. Every time I think I have something down I get thrown a curveball.

He says 4 meals, others say 2, some say none, etc. You're going to have to see how your body responds to trying different methods. I don't see the reasoning behing "needing" carbs in 4 meals at all, provided your fats/protein are up to par, and you are including fibrous veggies.

~SC~

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    What kind of chicken are you eating in meal 2? 11g of fat seems like a lot, especially since this is supposed to be a pro/carb meal.

I use the macros from calorieking.com. It says those are the values for 5.5 oz grilled chicken. I thought the same thing. Still curious if the site is right?? Anyone else know??

****, nevermind, they changed the site around and now the values are different!! It now says 5.5 oz is 5.8 g fat. Thats sounds better and more reasonable.
    Last edited by 97cobra; 06-02-2004 at 08:48 PM.

It's grilled chicken, but is it chicken BREAST? If not, it may be throwin' it off.

~SC~

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I punched in 5.5 oz of skinless chicken breast and Fitday.com gives me 4g of fat.

Dat's b-cuz he is tha man that is BAD_MAN!!!

Betta' recognize!

~SC~

Thread Information