Thread: PWO Shake

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member

PWO Shake

Got a question. I know the ratio 2:1 carbs to protein. But at what amount of dextrose or whatever you use for carbs, is it a waste? I see some peoples diets and they are doing 100g Carb 50g protein. I am pretty sure your body can take in 50-g protein in one sitting. But what about the dextrose? Does the body waste it after a certain point?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    Got a question. I know the ratio 2:1 carbs to protein. But at what amount of dextrose or whatever you use for carbs, is it a waste? I see some peoples diets and they are doing 100g Carb 50g protein. I am pretty sure your body can take in 50-g protein in one sitting. But what about the dextrose? Does the body waste it after a certain point?

Base dextrose ammounts by your workout and body part etc..... I usually group 2 parts together a day so I feel 80g is not wasted. But that's just me..... if your not lifting as hard/heavy or doing a smaller muscle group you might want to use a smaller ammount. I usually just base it on the intenisity of the workout and the body part. On leg days I use 100g of dextrose..... but again that is just me. If I were to only do let's say shoulders by themselves for 45 minutes, I would probably only use 60g. See what works, if you put on fat then take in less.

<<LMO>>

Thread Information