Thread: bacon??

ttuPrincess Guest

bacon??

is there really a difference between turkey bacon and regular bacon???

sometimes we make breakfast for dinner, and I was told turkey bacon had less fat and stuff like that..

anyone know??

Princess

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Yeah, there's a difference. Turkey bacon is made from turkey and regular bacon is made from pork. Pork comes from pigs, and pigs are not turkeys.

Most (not all) turkey bacon has less fat then regular bacon.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Turkey bacon has only 3g Fat per slice. Much better than 'normal' bacon.

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    Yeah, there's a difference. Turkey bacon is made from turkey and regular bacon is made from pork. Pork comes from pigs, and pigs are not turkeys.
    why you little.. why i aughta... lol ..

any other benifits from eating turkey bacon?? Coldstone hated the taste.. i thought it was good

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    maybe less sodium....But I wouldn't know for sure...... bacon is on my do not eat list

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    maybe less sodium....But I wouldn't know for sure...... bacon is on my do not eat list
    normally on mine also, but when you cheat and have breakfast for dinner with waffels, hashbrowns, and eggs you cant not have bacon.. just aint normal!!

Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    normally on mine also, but when you cheat and have breakfast for dinner with waffels, hashbrowns, and eggs you cant not have bacon.. just aint normal!!
    boy .....good thing I'm on this ****ed cuting diet......and do not want any of that delicious sounding food (do you hear the sarcasum???)

ttuPrincess Guest
    boy .....good thing I'm on this ****ed cuting diet......and do not want any of that delicious sounding food (do you hear the sarcasum???)
    hey i had it sunday right before i started this cycle.. no more for me for 10 weeks..

the thing that really sucks is I live in Minnesota, and It finally got nice hear...and Ice cream is on that stupid list too......I save my cheat meal for the whole week for a bowl of ice cream.

ttuPrincess Guest
    awwww.. get these new natural fruit pops.. they have no added sugar.. only 9 gm/carbs.. I eat one every once in a while after my workout when I get that CRAVING come over me

awwww.. get these new natural fruit pops.. they have no added sugar.. only 9 gm/carbs.. I eat one every once in a while after my workout when I get that CRAVING come over me

I will try that....right now the only thing I use to fight a sugar craving is diet coke...and dextrose pwo of course

ttuPrincess Guest
    I will try that....right now the only thing I use to fight a sugar craving is diet coke...and dextrose pwo of course
    ughh we ran out of Dextrose on monday.. Im going crazy.. finally had to have one of those pops..

ughh we ran out of Dextrose on monday.. Im going crazy.. finally had to have one of those pops..
    I don't think I will ever run out...I just got 20lbs of it

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Suga.. the huge diffrence between turkey and prok is the amount of saturated fat in pork.. just my 2 cents.. and send my regards to coldstone.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Here's the difference - turkey bacon tastes like cardboard and regular bacon tastes great.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    if you are going to eat bacon, you might as well eat the good stuff. turkey bacon imo is a sorry excuse for bacon! pork is the only way to go. with fat fried to a crisp. geez bacon is my kryptonite. hell if bacon was a super supplement i'd outdo flex wheeler anyday!

Thread Information